John Pavey

toomski

Retro Guru
This is my second bike... John Pavey.. late '80's Reynolds 653. Shes fast and responsive..easily as classy as some of the pricey italians!!! The is a no nonsense machine. Shimano exage motion/biopace chainrings,the front mechis campag. This is a pic of how I purchased her. She is tidy but I'm in the middle of giving the bike a bit of a spruce....Toomski

Attachments

• pavey side.jpg
    pavey side.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2,366
Another tidy bike - but I hope you've levelled the saddle!

That would bring tears to my eyes pointing up like that :shock:

I've got Biopace rings on my Raleigh. I quite like it, but it does have a habit of making you press on rather than amble along.

Yeh John was based just outside Cambridge, stopped building bikes in the 90s due to arthritis in his hands.

I was lucky enough to get a lovely blue 531 bike from him in about 94 i think it was. Unfortunately it was stolen in Leicester when i was at Uni. Yes it still grates!

Lovely bike, enjoy it! :) (not envious at all)

Lovely bike..... Wasn't this in Stevenage?

I nearly bid on this as the price was a bargain, I reckon...... Glad its gone to an enthusiast :0)

john

John is very miussed around Cambridge. A really greaat charicter around here and lovely to drop in on and chat bikes with

Re: john

breezerfatty":uwqfdu6s said:
John is very miussed around Cambridge. A really greaat charicter around here and lovely to drop in on and chat bikes with

I used to have a Raleigh 531c road frame purchased NOS at a bargain price from John; very helpful chap to do mail-order business with.

David

Back