Macretro: Coast to coast, aftermath

The Ken":1pk18k32 said:
I've still not emptied my panniers yet, pretty sure the one ZZ borrowed still has water in it :)

I had to tip it upside down to drain the outside pocket. There was about 2 or 3 inches of muddy water in it, must have happened when I tipped over in the big puddle. Guess which pocket my £50 head light happened to be sitting in :x Currently drying on the radiator, fingers crossed...

Good to know that your pannier is also waterproof from the inside though, surely?

I think this event ensures the day one road ride option next year, sounds hilarious/scary depending what they get up to...

5031679450_a5897a2532_z.jpg

I just remembered Mr P's Ordnance Survey map - dating from the highland clearances and done on parchment. And Kaiser's crank with the wobbly pedal and stripped thread - ' oh aye, that came loose the last time I was oot on it '. Why on earth would you want to fix that before embarking on an 80 mile ride where the worst case scenario is a 19 mile walk out of the wilderness.

You know what- Chicken Fun Day is probably even better than you could have imagined: http://www.elkcal.co.uk/

"BRING A CHICKEN, A DECORATED EGG OR JUST YOURSELF!
EVENTS TO INCLUDE

A chicken race - the fastest chicken in the west! If your hen is nimble on her pins and travels well bring her along to win some chicken goodies

The most beautiful chicken competition - is your hen the prettiest?

An egg throwing competition - throw an egg as far as you can without breaking it, prizes for under 7`s and under 11`s. Eggs donated by Tesco.

An egg and spoon race, prizes for under 7`s and under 11`s

A three legged egg and spoon race for adults

A decorated egg competition, bring along your own design. Prizes for under sevens and under 11`s. Book tokens and books donated by Achins Bookshop, Ullapool Bookshop and the Ceilidh Place.

Raffle - prizes to include meal at Altnacealgach Inn, meal at Achness Inn, log delivery, outdoor chicken mosaic, Lochinver Pottery vase, decorated fruit cake, whole salmon and malt whiskey. Tickets available at Parletts Newsagents, Lochinver Stores, Achiltibuie Stores, Polbain Stores, Altnacealgach Inn and Vet Clinic.

A display of rare breeds

Display of chicken houses by Mark Munro of Ardgay

An egg and spoon race, prizes for under 7`s and under 11`s

Children's games

Advice on keeping chickens

Refreshments including homemade cake and pancakes!

Baking competition
-best meringue
-best Victoria sandwich cake
-best pancakes
-best scotch egg"

no best chicken pie there tho ,i notice

has anyone seen the chicken of freedom in the loret-de-mar ?
apparently it helped a small child escape to freedom
la pollo de libeation or summat

Oh and congrats to therealkw on his MacRetro status :D

Back