And today I did......

Dont worry, I've still got a Nishiki Cascade frame, a Trek Y3 frame, my Raleigh White Lightnin', my Spesh Hardrock being set up for our big clan gathering in October, my long suffering DB Topanga and my new On-One 456 so I've got plenty to keep me going.

I need to concentrate my efforts on less stuff.

To think once I only had one mtb that did everything :roll:

pantera you say ?

BTW if you ever EVER try to sell the white lightening ,i pledge here and
now to beat you to near death with it , then casually write a cheque for an undisclosed amount and spirit it away

Pantera and iDrive are up for grabs Mikee but both are XL size, neither will be bank busting and iDrive includes seatpost, bottom bracket, chainset and rear Fox air shock, Pantera comes with original exage rear u-brake and bottom bracket. Not feeling the love for either GT, they do what they do well but lack a certain something :?

You'll never get the White Lightnin' unless you steal it as I'm taking it to my grave. The slaves have started constructing my mausoleum which may be ready in time for me passing onto mtb heaven :LOL:

Grump as fook today. Cold and wet outside and I'm getting my beloved Alfa ready for it's new owner to collect at the weekend. I'm going to miss it so much.

Might be even grumpier by the weekend too. I'm waiting to see a consultant about my wrists. My left wrist has been sore since that fall prior to SSUK in Thrunton last summer, the right one has been bad since my fall in June. I finally went to the doc's last week and the early diagnosis is a nonunion break in the scaphoid bones. Surgery will be needed and each wrist could be in paster for anything up to nine months. That's a possible 18 months off the bike. They have to be fixed as the pain, even with sus forks is becoming too much. Further falls are going to make matters worse and there is now the likelyhood of chronic arthritis in later life. Add this to the pains I get in my feet and lower left leg from my past misadventure and I have to think wether continuing riding is a good idea in the long term.
All very depressing.

Bad news Dr S, hope it eases with the surgery, modern full sus might be the way forward, or dare I suggest road riding only.

It's not so much the bumps that are the problem rather than the pressure on the wrist when riding and especially when climbing. I'm going to try running Jones H bars again as the positioning seemed to help move the pressure further up the arms.

As for age I'm just 37. As Gaz once pointed out, I had a tough paper round!

Back