Coast 2 Coast hArdGay Off Road - Sat 25th/Sun26th September

Back home in Orkney chaps, hope you had a good return leg and have journeyed home safely. What time did you arrive back at Ardgay?

The road alternative did the trick in getting me back to the car in time to be able to catch the ferry, although the vigorous face wind most of the way was a definite impediment until I got into the trees in the last 15 miles or so! 49.5 grim miles at 11.7 mph but I was back at the car for 25 past 3, so had a comfortable drive home.

My pictures are rubbish, but I knew that Kaiser and ZZ were doing a professional job so I'm complacent. Here's some tasters till a right job is done.

Speaking of aftermath threads, feel free to point out highlights to me so I can weave them into a seamless tapestry of the first half.

Great meeting you guys, hope to do something like this again. You know what, I wouldn't have fancied doing all that on an aluminium bike that was 21 years old ...

New brake blocks tomorrow!

At Croick Road End:

CroickRoadEnd by therealkw15, on Flickr

About halfway, on the track to The Point of Navigational Uncertainty:

halfway by therealkw15, on Flickr

At Ullapool:

Ullapool by therealkw15, on Flickr

The miraculous survival of the flag:

survival by therealkw15, on Flickr

Showered sh!t and shaved :D

Day off on Monday :D

Muddy bike still strapped to wife's car.

Top Gun's on the telly :cool:

Bed soon

That was risky stopping in Dundee, TK had a helmet and he can roll, you should only have slowed to a swift jogging pace :LOL:

Looking forward to the photies and the epic report ;)

Ouch, bit sore today, brushed the bike off before cycling to school/work this morning, panniers still packed and covered in crap, brakes still don't work.

A text ten minutes from home meant a hot bath was waiting for my arrival, complete bliss. She must love me despite the mess I left when I left.

Thanks for the lift Rob, I don't think I would have made it home if I had driven myself.

Back