Harry Quinn 653

CTK

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
This has been my do everything bike for the last few years & it was looking pretty rough. I got Dave Yates to respray it in the original colour and built it up with new or nearly new Shimano 600. I believe this was built in Pembrokeshire by Harry and his son in 89 or 90.

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

Thanks for the comments. Not had a proper outing since respray but I must have done 1000s of miles on it in the last couple of years. I plan to switch to a HG cassette and freehub. Its all 6400 except the hubs which are UG only 6207 (on Wolber Gentleman GTAs)

It is fast and comfortable, .the bike is in fact an absolute joy to ride :D

I swapped this for a Klein Rascal with my dad & we are both very happy with the swap. He's just about to refurb the Rascal & he doesn't know I've 'ad 'arry resprayed.

Saw a guy carrying the same frame and forks through South Kensington Tube station last week, very nice, same colour too :)

Thanks chaps- I am considering swapping a few things around. Maybe getting rid of the 6400 groupset and replacing it with some random bits and bobs- nice bits and bobs of course! A mix of makes and generally a couple of years earlier.

I just saw a similar era 653 Quinn F&F sell for £435

harryquinn.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190445186410&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I know its the original paint and much prettier but I am happy that it went for such good money. Basically identical frames but the red one has all the optional extras! Internal cable routing, chrome, bands of colour, posh forks & campag rear dropouts.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back