Peaks Ride 2010 (formerly 'Mr K's Peaks Ride') - Aftermath

heres a few snaps off my mobile.......wish id took more pics, the whole ride was photo heaven!

i have promised myself not to go on the p1ss the night before a big ride from now on :oops: :LOL:

satiopics001-1.jpg

satiopics002.jpg

satiopics003-2.jpg

satiopics004-1.jpg

satiopics005-1.jpg

satiopics006-1.jpg

satiopics007-1.jpg

satiopics008-1.jpg

satiopics009-2.jpg

satiopics010-1.jpg

satiopics011-3.jpg

satiopics012-2.jpg

satiopics014-2.jpg

satiopics015-2.jpg

satiopics016-1.jpg

satiopics017-1.jpg

satiopics018-1.jpg

satiopics019-1.jpg

satiopics020-1.jpg

satiopics021-1.jpg

satiopics022-1.jpg

'Hope No Longer Springs....'

Apparently 'Grannygate' is in this morning's News of the Screws - Clifford has done a deal with the old girl and the lithe, eagle-eyed photographer.... at least the truth can come out properly now... ;-)

They're still working on the headline, so feel free to contribute...

John":omdmw26d said:
As for Grannygate only one person comes out of this incident badly. MrK. Last time I heard of papping that cynical (Wu's pap of Lampard aside) was in a Parisian underpass. For the record she was checking out the Pace although did comment on the mirage's exage trail ensemble.

Photos don't lie and you're clearly using your big city smarts on some elderly lady with an accomplice to cover you while you palm her wallet. Getting Ruddock to record it photographically so you can vicariously enjoy it later with your mates was a nice touch though (as is the double blind of putting blame elsewhere).

A well respected community leader revealed as a petty thief and happy slapper. Who would have thunk it?

mrkawasaki":2v27r8qh said:
They're still working on the headline, so feel free to contribute...

Kawa-Pappy Granny Snapper strikes again?
Blazer wearing old lady voyeur in Hope?

Anyhow good to see some more pictures of the actual ride. Will upload the route later on today.

If the chap who wanted the jersey can drop me aPM sure we ca sort something out, guess I must've missed you.

First off I'd like to say a BIG thanks to Mark & Paul for taking the lead on such a classic event and doing a fantastic job.
It was good to catch up with some old face's and to put some face's to name's as well.

I would also like to say how happy I am to be bringing the coveted Bike of the ride award back to the North East & Yorkshire Area where it belongs (even thou I won it by default)

Here's some of my favorite pics of the day with a link to the rest.

Sunny start
IMG_2823.jpg

Look were your going
IMG_2833.jpg

All important angles
IMG_2838.jpg

Bike I would like to take home
IMG_2842.jpg

Speed is your friend
IMG_2859.jpg

DSP treads a different path
IMG_2866.jpg

The pain of uphillin
IMG_2874.jpg

Making it look easy
IMG_2919.jpg

Here's a link to the rest of my pics http://s746.photobucket.com/albums/xx10 ... e%20Peaks/

Hope you enjoy them

Thanks to everyone for making this another grand day out ;)

i'm gutted i didn't do this, lack of money was the cause but it looks like you guys had a great day, loving the pics.

the blonde looks nice aswel but not quite up to the blonde from the "scent of a woman" ride from earlier this year!! :D ;)

I understand that the following will be in next weeks Hope Clarion

"Local celebrity felled by out of town thugs by Crispen Molehusband

The tranquil peace and quiet of Hope was shattered on Saturday last when the scourge of Broken Britain descended on our village. Incredibly, Beatrice Blower, stalwart of the WI (as anyone who has tasted her Victorian sponge will agree) was assaulted in plain sight by an out of towner.

PC Copper, the first of the emergency services on the scene, takes up the tale "It was a beautiful Saturday and I was at home tending to the wife's garden when I got the call. They said that it was possibly a 187 so, to my wife's dismay, I immediately got dressed and hotfooted it to scene. What I saw dismayed me - an elderly lady , visibly shaken, with a middle aged helmeted man standing over her. It appeared to be a misunderstanding as he helped Beatrice to her feet; only later was his true intent revealed".

Three days later, Beatrice was finally able to comment "I was strolling in town when I noticed a scruffy old bike - it looked just like the one stolen from my nephew in 1991. I stopped to examine it more closely when I was jostled to the ground by a relatively young man. He was foaming at the mouth and muttering about 'respect'. I must say that I didn't care for his attitude much but I was placated to a degree when he eventually, with a accomplice, helped me to my feet. I was so shaken that it was only when I got home that I noticed that my purse was gone. Heartless little ****".

A pal of the perpetrator commented "I think the Big Man misunderstood our banter and inadvertently unleashed the hurt on an elderly lady. I have to admit, after the initial shock, he was surrounded by a baying mob, goading him on. And I'm ashamed that I was party to the goading".

Is no place on our fair isle free of this scourge? Is our community no longer safe? Be careful, this terror is spreading from the city and doesn't always wear a hoodie. Oh, if only Diana was only here.

The identity of the shameless assailant is unknown but he was reported to have a website address on his very tight fitting jersey. The Hope Cyber Squad are looking into this but in the meantime if anyone knows more about this crime, please contact Hope Police Station on ........... "

Apparently a freelance photographer has offered images, gratis.

Back