Muddy Fox Deore Mega

Dazstap

Retro Newbie
Hello everyone,

Whilst looking through here I saw an old thread (that I now cannot find :?: ) discussing old Muddy Fox bikes.

Hanging up in my garage is a Black Deore Mega from the early nineties that hasn't been used in a LONG time. Most parts are still present, including the sweet black Araya rims. However it does need rebuilding and some work to get it back on the road again.

Anyone know anything about this model?

All the best.

Welcome Dazstrap.

get a pic on here and you'll have your info in no time.

My Muddy Fox days ended in 1988 so I couldn't help you, but I'm sure someone can...

:D

I'll do that. It has a black, bottleneck frame and the signature paw prints along the top tube with yellow lettering. When I first got it, it had gold colour components, headset, set tube, but doesn't now.

I will probably be selling it on soon anyhow, I was just curious of its history as I remember there being a limited edition in the late eighties that cost around 5k :shock: I know that this isn't one of those, but wouldn't that be nice!

ok, if the bike you have has the model name "mega" written on it, then its mose def. a 91-93 year jobby.

the limited edition model from the late eighties had an 18speed suntour groupset with tange prestige fillet-brazed frame. the year was 1988, it retailed for a whopping £1600!!!

as an idea, (& being a muddy fox fan) any proper retro model needs to be pre 90'. the days with u-brakes, slack geomerty, tange tubing & thumbies!

there was a thread with all the catalog photo's & stuff somewhere..

yeah i remember the ltd edition with the grey fillet brazed frame and gold components.

And i do seem to remember the rumour being taht it was £5k too.

And had gold plated mechs etc...

all bizarre, but loads of people seemed to stick to the story.

:?:

Latest posts

Back