Peaks Ride 2010 (formerly 'Mr K's Peaks Ride') - Aftermath

i was hungover and full of aches and pains....and came home with even more aches and pains :LOL:

thanks for having me along folks, great company as always :cool:

oh, and i can vouch the blonde in the cafe with nipples like fighter pilots thumbs was pleasing on the eyes :p

What a fantastic day ! Well worth the trip from down south :cool:

Thanks to Paul and Mark for the organisation of a truly great day out

Also I will say thanks to all who held open the gates :D

I was bicycle repiar man on two occasions , and was sad enough to have a spare bolt that fixed AK,s cleat and the all important headset spanner :cool:

I have just arrived in central London ready for a hard days work tomorrow

Excellent day, wimped out at the cafe (not before having a pleasant "chat" with the blonde behind the counter) and got on the train from Edale back to Mancunia.

Gave (facial) blood and sweat for the cause but no tears as of yet. Mucho uphill (well done JV) and some cracking slimy downhill.

BTW who finished the ride with the monkey in the end?

:D :D :D :D and still smiling five hours later . I note that most of Mr K's pics have smiling faces no matter what the incident.

Thoroughly enjoyed this ride last year and this year didn't disappoint. The weather was way better than we could have hoped for after the last week. The blonde does stick in the mind but I expect the detail to fade far quicker than that of the first major descent, and the road climb to the mast.

Thank you Mark and Paul for the encouragement, and thank you JV for hanging around while I fixed the puncture.

I was just glad to be between the toppling old lady and the Pace, any amount of damaged could have resulted. I can confirm that Mr K's suggestion regarding JV and a purse is without foundation and that taking a picture of the event rather than rushing to assist is bad form.

:D :D still smiling

Rob

Great day out again in the Peaks with a great bunch of people and a of course a recurring plastic challenge monkey.
I'll concoct some sort of full ride report with pictures tomorrow so that Mr Kawapolo can see what he missed out on.

I'll have to consult with Sinnett though about his covert photography in the Edale cafe... dribble.

cornholio's RC200":2jxvuppw said:
BTW who finished the ride with the monkey in the end?

Me. I started with a monkey on my back and ended with a monkey on my back.

A top day out on the trails, thanks to all for making it so good. Hopefully I'll post up my pics tomorrow.

Sounds and looks like an awesome day out - the legend that is the Peaks Ride continues to grow.

But does The Guvnor need a new avatar - can't choose between these two so perhaps a poll is in order?

Attachments

• the+artful+dodger.jpeg
    the+artful+dodger.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 2,033
  • ron_moody_as_fagin1.jpg
    ron_moody_as_fagin1.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 2,033
Fantastic day out yesterday. A top route, very varied with some nice
:twisted: climbs.
Great to see so many people turn out, some lovely bikes...and erm an old Raleigh.
Highlights for me were Grannygate. I couldn't believe it when the Guvnor knocked her to the ground. She only wanted to ogle his Cheng Shin :LOL:
The first downhill..pretty evil mud surfing. A few "incidents" on the way down with a few bloodied body parts on view at the bottom.
The hillclimb challenges. Just to prove it ain't what you ride its the way you ride it, the Raleigh was victorious.
Winning the monkey on the 2nd hillclimb challenge... 'cos I'm shite at trackstands (need to practice these for next year), though it was a privilege to have the small primate along for the ride for a few miles.
The weather. The views once up top were great. A lovely area I've not ridden much but I'll definately be back. Looking forward to seeing some more pictures.

Remember kids....Hydrate or Die :D

The only change to my avatar will be to celebrate the Raleigh's win in the quarry hill climb. Centre ridge tyres and super long chainstays are obviously the secret to hill climbing sucess - converse to conventional wisdom.

As for Grannygate only one person comes out of this incident badly. MrK. Last time I heard of papping that cynical (Wu's pap of Lampard aside) was in a Parisian underpass. For the record she was checking out the Pace although did comment on the mirage's exage trail ensemble.

Latest posts

Back