Xizang info

DMW

Dirt Disciple
Hi everyone

As you may or may not have read I recently received my GT Xizang and I need a bit of info to help me on my way:

1, Can you pin down the year of manufacture from the frame / serial number?

2, Once I know the deffo year of manufacture where can I get some replacement decals the ones on Ebay don't match the ones on the bike which are little scuffed.

3, I am seriously considering changing the V's to Magura HS33 is this a good idea? Come on be honest don't hold back!!

Lastly if any one has any good Xizang related websites let me know because I need all the help I can get!

Cheers DMW

you should be able to date it from the serial no.

the first 4 numbers are the year and month

my RTS is 1292####

therefore 12 = december ( JAN = 01 and so on )

92 = 1992

all GT`s are supposed to be the same , try it

slim

Thanks Slim

The first four digits of serial number are 1629.... Confused??

Unless am really retro and its 1929???

Am i reading the correct serial number, the one on the bottom bracket shell?

DMW

its on the bb allright , but that number ????

strange one , was told that they were all the same system ??

unless its

1 = january

92 = 1992 ??

how many numbers in total , i got 8 , if you got 7 that might explain it

did they make xixang that early ???????

Found the pic from a German 1997 Gt Catalogue and it is indentical to my bike.

However the serial number remains a complete mystery to me!

Sorry the pic is very small its the best i could do!

the serial numbers were always slightly confusing, judging by the decals i would say 96/97 but the model logo is not clear. i think the last year for that bike was 98 (wasnt it John?)

tony pony":30ryylyz said:
the serial numbers were always slightly confusing, judging by the decals i would say 96/97 but the model logo is not clear. i think the last year for that bike was 98 (wasnt it John?)

The Gt catalogue has a xizang listed for '98. I don't recall 99. Did they not do one painted up in team colours? Or was that the Zas LE only? Certainly don't recall seeing one in BT (maybe due to the large number of horse rugs and vetta c-5s).
What year was RPs?

DMW":2yjm8l1f said:
1, Can you pin down the year of manufacture from the frame / serial number?

3, I am seriously considering changing the V's to Magura HS33 is this a good idea? Come on be honest don't hold back!!

My Xizang doesn't have a serial number, I got if from a GT factory sale in the US about 6 years ago. From what I've been told, it is an un-issued team bike (just brushed ti with no decals).

I have been running Magura brakes on it for a bout 4 years now with no problems. Just make sure you use a brake boster, the maguras can really flex those seat-stays!

Back