98 Club Roost DH8, finished for now 9/10/10

To add... a custom axle isn't just somethng to get for extreme use... even pedaling around it will be noticeable. The one single issue with shivers was the axle. It was a major flaw... and manitou solved it w a hex axle. Its def worth 50 bucks to invest even if they won't see much heavy use... just because it improves ride quality so much.

Not much done to this lately but Enid-P demanded a progress report, with him being the streetfighting, bare knuckle boxer hardman he is i thought i'd better act fast :)

30" wide Azonic bars, new stickers on the forks and leg protectors fitted.

The bars will let me work out the hose lengths for the brakes and get them built up while i save for the rims, tyres and wheel build.

Intense stickers are gone for now as i decided on silver for these instead of the black so will get new ones soon.

newbars.jpg

newstickers.jpg

Mr Jimi Sir

That is coming along just lovely,
I hate to say it but I think its gonna be a shame to abuse this beast! :cool: :cool:

Love the colours :cool:

G

Nasty :twisted: :cool: hard as nails. I daren't have asked eck but you nae bother, why the intense stickers?

Cheers Enid ;) , it is turning out nice, i fear the most offroad it'll see is the shopping precinct in the town centre :LOL:

kaiser":2ztwlpd9 said:
Nasty :twisted: :cool: hard as nails. I daren't have asked eck but you nae bother, why the intense stickers?

I think B.E used them just to cause a bit of confusion, i've re-used them just cause i like the look of them, the frame came with the metal Intense badge too which i'll re-fit :cool:

Besides it does look a tiny bit like an Intense if you look at it through a bathroom window on a dark stormy night :LOL:

jimihendrix":2vjuw1h0 said:
Enid-P demanded a progress report, with him being the streetfighting, bare knuckle boxer hardman he is i thought i'd better act fast :)

SO,

Whits the hold up now then huh? :roll: :LOL: :LOL:

Im bursting to see this mate :oops:

G

Enid_Puceflange":2y56mt1x said:
jimihendrix":2y56mt1x said:
Enid-P demanded a progress report, with him being the streetfighting, bare knuckle boxer hardman he is i thought i'd better act fast :)

SO,

Whits the hold up now then huh? :roll: :LOL: :LOL:

Im bursting to see this mate :oops:

G

Been wasting time and squandering money on daft stuff like carpets and paint for the house :LOL:

Have got the wheels built though (Willy Bain), scored a new Nokion 24x3 front tyre (which seem to be out of production), waiting on a 24x2.7 rear tyre and some other bits from CRC, Willy Bain is going to see if he can get the Hope four pots working (i was ready to bin them :x)

Still have all the drivetrain to get for it though so may be a while before it's riding, Rado and ZigZag were impressed when they seen it last Sunday though :)

Will post some new pics up at the weekend ;)

Thats the bawz :cool: really lookin forward to seein this one :cool: p.s the bars look good :)

Right, here is the latest pics, fitted a 2.7 tyre to the rear, unused S/H (bought off here) 3.0 Nokian tyre to the front, 11-34 dinnerplate cassette, i recon with this and a 32 ring on the front i should be able to climb most hills (ha).

This will actually be the first bike with a nine speed cassette i've owned :LOL:

dhside.jpg

dhfront.jpg

dhrear.jpg

Took a chance on a 24x2.7 fitting in the rear but it fits, just.

dhclearance.jpg

The Devil's in the detail.

dhdetail.jpg

Will get a verdict on the Hope brakes next week (with the LBS for a service), should have some cranks and other drive train bits too.

Although at the rate this build is progressing dont put the kettle on for updates

:LOL:

Latest posts

Back