Slingshot

All rubbish! ;)

I think the roo bar looks ace - perfect shape that matches the similar proportions of the top tube of the Sling frame.

The only problem with the Roo is the fact that it weighs a tonne!

jez-2-many-bikes":32ktcqca said:
All rubbish! ;)

I think the roo bar looks ace - perfect shape that matches the similar proportions of the top tube of the Sling frame.

The only problem with the Roo is the fact that it weighs a tonne!

Seconded.

:)

Lid":3rtfvr68 said:
I suppose the bar will have less visual presence once the shifters/levers are on and everything will blend a bit more.

I'm looking forward to that....I love sling shots....saidly I never had one :cry:

But you could be right, the Roo will probably look less flashy when fully equipped ;)

Quick question - if I needed to respray mine - what's stopping me from dismantling the parts for respray then reassembling myself?

I assume the Slingshot people would normally align such a frame to get it perfectly lined up I guess?

Getting the board out in one piece would be the first bit of fun and then getting it bonded back in place and perfectly aligned would be the other. Most bikes when welded get several alignment checks on fancy jigs or even marble surfaces to ensure absolute alignment, you'd be using UHU glue and a kitchen worktop! ;)

I think they are all glued in in some fashion, although it may be different with the folding slingshots. I know that mine is epoxied in heavily, but that said I've seen pictures of people replacing the boards with all manner of stuff when slingshot weren't repairing old frames (metal leaf springs, carbon fibre, bamboo....). They'll probably be tell tale signs of epoxy on the board when you get it or remove the bolts and look down the bolt holes and you'll probably see it. It looks to me that the bolt holes are drilled into the board after the board is fitted and the bike aligned, rather than before, although I can't see why, if that's the case, you can't replace the old board in the same place using the bolt holes as the alignment?

The Sling shot co has allways insisted that the frames need to be repainted whenever a board is refitted. This is apparently due to the damaged caused from the curing (heating) of the glue.

Waiting for Rumpfy/Rody to wade in...............

The above is not correct. The paint is damaged from removing the boards...or was damaged from removing the boards.

Lid":149hxkkd said:
The Sling shot co has allways insisted that the frames need to be repainted whenever a board is refitted. This is apparently due to the damaged caused from the curing (heating) of the glue.

Waiting for Rumpfy/Rody to wade in...............

Jeff, You might want to read up on this... :?

My understanding is that the boards are epoxied and bolted in place. Bolts are probably more of a backup safety feature if the epoxy should give way...which I would think is unlikely.

What I remember from the early Slingshot website, they offered a respray only option. The board replacement required a respray automatically.
Not surprising since I'm sure they'd have to use a lot of heat to get that board out...paint would be a loss.

Latest posts

Back