Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ianus' Kleins

• retroking#1's Sequential Paces

• Total voters
GoldenEraMTB":8farricb said:
Ductape's Three Sisters Blue or Jupke's Three 'Rocky' Brothers

for me. Two very different sets of bikes, representing two very different decades; hmmmmm; shall it be the sisters or brothers?

I voted for Ductape's Three Sisters Blue. Nice work, Tim; just wish there was a better pic of the three :)

Me too, I am flattered with these votes already. So many nice bikes here....I voted for the Ritchey's because they are my favorite bikes, but there are some pretty amazing collections posted here. The photography displayed is pretty top shelf also. I enjoy competing even when I know I can't win. I have to admit though, I seriously contemplated loading the bikes up on the rack last Monday and taking them to the woods for a little photo session.

But then I went for a ride instead....

Wonderful bikes, thanks to all for sharing......
T

Ductape":m8ps1whq said:
I seriously contemplated loading the bikes up on the rack last Monday and taking them to the woods for a little photo session.

But then I went for a ride instead....

A smart move!

Sorry utah, but I think the disc brakes dissuaded me from voting for the EWRs. I had to go with Stefan's Boulders. If my Intrepid turns out half as nice as one of his Defiants, I'll be more than happy. :cool:

Three fully detailed bikes each?
You people are all mentalists :LOL:

Ductape's Ritcheys for me (please!)

velomaniac":1vj79hvs said:
However I must say that although the triplet collections are good I fail to see the point of having more than one example of practically the same bike right down to the colour scheme. That would be like a stamp collector only collecting penny blacks :roll:

I don't think this was aimed at the EWRs, but they are one of three pictures that could possibly apply to your observation. I'd only point out that for somebody like GM and his GT's...somebody who eats sleeps and dreams GT's, I'm sure the three midnights are very different to him. The Sea and Sky Kleins, maybe not as much, but I'm not that gaga over Kleins that I'd be able to identify the subtle differences, were they to exist.

As for the EWRs, there is an early OWB, an E-Motion, and a re-issue OWB in that picture, and they are all orange because orange considered a bit of a trademark color for EWR. I wouldn't expect somebody who isn't bananas for EWRs to notice all of that, I'm sure most folks would just see a lot of orange paint and triangulated bike frames, but they are very different bikes. Could the possibility exist that the owners of the other two sets of similar triplets recognize the same diffences in their collections? Surely a possibility, and I've seen stranger justifications around here for buying bicycles! :LOL:

Not quite the same as owning multiples of the same stamps. Although even there, you can have stamps that vary in the slightest... perforations, watermarks, etc. A 'Black Penny' enthusiast would know the difference for sure. Just a thought.

Back to the vote!

Back