1996 Votec Porsche Bike S

Queste

Dirt Disciple
Hello fellow bike lovers,

This is one of my bikes. I first saw it in 1996 when I was reading a Porsche magazine in France. It featured the Bike S and Bike FS. At that time the bike was too expensive for me, but it never left my mind after I saw it... ten years later I was browsing some German marketplace website and saw it again, for sale ! One week later I drove 6 hours from Rotterdam to Stuttgart to collect it. It belonged to an employee of Porsche who bought it when it came out. He told me he used it only a few times in the last ten years ! The frame was in absolute perfect original state with no scratches at all and still had the original Sachs Neos group mounted. After riding it a few times I noticed the bottom bracket had, although still in a new state, some play in it. So I upgraded the drivetrain with these components: X-0 carbon rear derailleur, X-0 shifters, X-9 front derailleur and an XT bottom bracket/cranckset. I also turned the the "stem" (how would you call it?) upside down and mounted CODA bar ends I had from another bike.

Future plans I have for this bike are new wheels (perhaps with a disc brake in front). Hope you like it, for me it is one of the most beautiful frames around !

Attachments

• bike-s-drivetrain.jpg
    bike-s-drivetrain.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 10,973
  • bike-s-top.jpg
    bike-s-top.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 10,973
  • bike-s.jpg
    bike-s.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 10,972
Queste":24xgo38m said:
Hello fellow bike lovers,
This is one of my bikes. I first saw it in 1996 when I was reading a Porsche magazine in France. It featured the Bike S and Bike FS. At that time the bike was too expensive for me, but it never left my mind after I saw it... ten years later I was browsing some German marketplace website and saw it again, for sale ! One week later I drove 6 hours from Rotterdam to Stuttgart to collect it. It belonged to an employee of Porsche who bought it when it came out. He told me he used it only a few times in the last ten years ! The frame was in absolute perfect original state with no scratches at all and still had the original Sachs Neos group mounted. After riding it a few times I noticed the bottom bracket had, although still in a new state, some play in it. So I upgraded the drivetrain with these components: X-0 carbon rear derailleur, X-0 shifters, X-9 front derailleur and an XT bottom bracket/cranckset. I also turned the the "stem" (how would you call it?) upside down and mounted CODA bar ends I had from another bike.
Future plans I have for this bike are new wheels (perhaps with a disc brake in front). Hope you like it, for me it is one of the most beautiful frames around !

That's really nice :) .
There was a Porsche bike in a now defunked bike shop I used to go to on occassions, not sure now which year it was, it may well have been a full susser Evolution?
Looked fantastic in 'Racing Red' and quite different from the 'regular' triangular framed offerings.
I can't remember how much it was, but it was the most expensive bike they had in the shop :!:

Nice to see you like it ! Technically the bike is more or less "family" of a Votec Tox but it has more sloping... I really like the other Votec bikes as well, you don't see them around that much...

@Defender : I think you mean the second bike on this site (2007 FS version). I don't think it is made by Votec but it sure looks neat too !

Queste":xu0dr4ke said:
Nice to see you like it ! Technically the bike is more or less "family" of a Votec Tox but it has more sloping... I really like the other Votec bikes as well, you don't see them around that much...
@Defender : I think you mean the second bike on this site (2007 FS version). I don't think it is made by Votec but it sure looks neat too !

Thanks, I didn't know there were so many different models, the one that folds to fit in the luggage space of a 911 is neat!
I realise it was probably about 10 years ago so I'm a little hazy about the details etc.
It was the unusual frame design and colour that made it really stand out.

I have the road Bike S here (well, the frame so far), but that is a very nice bike.

As above, do like the handlebars design. Looks nice, hope you enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back