2010 real ale wobble 13th of november

i would say yes if you are a good technical rider. obviously the gravel tracks wouldn't be an issue but there are a few proper off road rocky bits that could be dodgy on 700c.

cross bike or hybrid?

has anyone else decided if they are going? go on . . . you know you want to!! :D

It would be on my 700c RC200 fixie.

Im trying to convince a few others to give it a shot, but they have cross bikes or hybrids. I could always use my MTB but would rather not

just to confirm,we're not talking london fashionista fixie style here are we?!

meaning it is capable of offroad? and not a roadie fixie build?

while there are smooth-ish gravel tracks they do use some very muddy rocky and probably very wet and watery in november trails. people were slipping and falling off left right and centre last year, not hurting themselves but this is wales we are talking about so expect proper off roading stuff, and in places it is steep (and long)

i don't think last year, once off road i touched my big chain ring once.

i would say though it was a very friendly ride and was a really good laugh down the pub afterwards (and the night before!! :LOL: )

just checking!! :D you said 700c then said flip flop hub!! :shock: started getting scared for you!!! :LOL:

although seeing a fashionista turn up in tight trousers and with a silly haircut and a polo stick ready to ride off road and forced to drink real ale would have been funny!!! :LOL:

yep I'm in still - hoping to bring a few with me. May not be riding retro this year though. I had a mate do it on his hybrid a few years back - you should be ok as long as we aren't talking skinny tyres. Cross would be OK just about.

Two years ago there was loads of people (even non real cyclists) going for it on city hybrids. Funny I thought I remember one group having a hoot they thought the event was more of a beer run with some cycling :LOL: Still they did it mind ;)

Lat year I found the attitude a little more serious, Think it was the crappy weather that kept all but the serious and mad away!! :LOL: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back