Got my Raleigh Ti frame back from the re-spray....

wblenkin

Retro Guru
So, I got my Raleigh Ti frame back from BJ. I think they've done an amazing job. I was worried about the colours not being perfect but they're pretty good to my eyes. I'll upload some proper pics later, but I have a slight problem....

Due to my small legs, my frame is 52cm and this means there's been a struggle fitting everything onto the seat tube. Basically there's no room for my 531 sticker at the top, due to the panel going too high up. Now, I've seen 52cm frames with the 531 at the top, and they did look a little cramped, but they kind of looked ok. What BJ have done is made the panel look good, with plenty of space - but opted not to leave room for the 531 sticker.

The conundrum I'm left with is do I a) leave it as it is & either leave the 531 sticker off or find somewhere else to put it? I'm not keen on putting it elsewhere as the only place is the bottom of the down tube (which the guys at BJ said they've seen a lot like that - has anyone here seen any with the 531 sticker elsewhere? - I doubt an Ilkeston one would have, surely?). Option b) is to get the panel resprayed so there's room for the 531 sticker at the top. This will leave it all a little cramped, but hopefully not too bad.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this? Or can anyone shed any light on any other problems with small Raleigh Ti frames?

I'll post a picture shortly.

Thanks.

hi looking forward to seeing a pic, have seen the 531 stickers in other places such as on Peugeots, but may not look right on a TI frame.
Interesting there is a Team colours one in mint condition on the bay at the moment.
Anyway well done for bringing life back into such a classic.

Don't think this helps, but my Nigel Dean had its 531 sticker at the bottom of the seat tube and it is huge frame.

My sticker is here if it helps:

IMG_2997.JPG

It worries me having it on display though, just one more thing that makes the bike look more desirable to thieves.

My old mans 531 decal is at the bottom of the seat tube on his Orbit Gold medal and my 631 decal will be going in the same place on my Kīlauea if this helps. . . .

Thanks for the replies guys... there isn't even room at the bottom of the seat tube though. The Ti sticker is at the bottom. Pretty gutted.

May be best just to leave it off... it looks very nice. Just a damn shame as it would have been absolutely perfect. Damn me for being small.

I'd probably leave it off too. Both of my Ti Raleigh's have the tubing type sticker at the top of the seat tube but they're both large frames, tricky one. The paint job should speak for itself anyway.

Take a look at this Retrobikers team coloured bike on ebay, see item 280567218038 as the reynolds sticker is on the downtube by the gear levers.
Think though I'd leave the sicker off, as the previous post says, the paint job should speak for itself

kula":143uyp1l said:
Take a look at this Retrobikers team coloured bike on ebay, see item 280567218038 as the reynolds sticker is on the downtube by the gear levers.
Think though I'd leave the sicker off, as the previous post says, the paint job should speak for itself

Yup. That's where the Reynolds sticker was on a couple of may Raleighs and they weren't tiny frames.

Thanks people.

Sitting on it for a while and your comments has made me realise it's not the end of the world.

The paint does speak for itself and at least the seat panel looks nice and not cramped.

Time to get her built up.

Pics coming soon.......

Back