What replica next?

andrewl":1yi7gqox said:
Surprised no one has done a Tomac Yeti/Giant as yet....

The Tomac Yeti has been done... one is in a museum in Germany, the other... I forget. Do an internet search for C-26.

ameybrook":2sotad6n said:
andrewl":2sotad6n said:
Surprised no one has done a Tomac Yeti/Giant as yet....

The Tomac Yeti has been done... one is in a museum in Germany, the other... I forget. Do an internet search for C-26.

I was thinking more of the yellow painted Yeti with Giant decals which he used in the mid 90s rather than the C-26.

I'd also add some of his DH machines to the list too.

Bike-ad-Giant-Tomac-1995.jpg

Slightly off topic question though....

If you make a Tomac repilca are you expected to ride like the champ, or is riding like a hack acceptable?? ;)

Just bend deep, with your arms in a 90 degree angle and ride with you mouth open and look angy. :)

(By the way someone here in Holland is selling a blue Tioga bar for I guess it was 20 euro, very nice)

Archangel":2w0vqq1g said:
MadCowKev":2w0vqq1g said:
scant":2w0vqq1g said:
Neds M2 with disc drive (okay under another make, cycleworld 946 blah blah) full suntour xc pro, judy fsx would be a fairly easy, yet cool replica :)

That would be cool!

The Judy FSX would be a wrong fork for it. The M2 would need an original RS1 based Specialized FS or the latter FSX ('93 non-carbon version).
Ned used the M2 in 1991-1992 with Suntour XC Pro MicroDrive parts. I'm not really sure about the derailleurs in 1993 (XTR or XC Pro). For 1994 he used the Ultimate with XTR derailleurs, Gripshift X-rays, Avid brakes & TNT cranks. Fork was Mag21-spec FSX Carbon/ti and the same tension disc was used too. Can't say anything for sure for 1995 but I think he used the M2 again with Judy FSX & XTR.

This is a 1991 version:
ned_m2team.jpg

I remember really drooling over this in 1992...lucky me that I have gotten even better: S-Works Carbon & Epic Ultimate... Still this would be a super nice replica!

And this a 1993:
ned_overend_1993.jpg

As you can see, for 1993 he used Gripshift, Specialized DirectDrive cranks and Shimano 737 SPDs.

the 93 looks to be a one size smaller frame.

dbmtb":26p4dw0n said:
Henrik Djernis' fully rigid P22....

Would be nice to see someone pull that off, and it wouldn't be to difficult.

a 20in ritchey P21. 130 stem.
ritchey pro bikes may be the easiest to replicate cause ritchey built real race bikes. none of their riders had to shop elsewhere for performance.

Latest posts

Back