DeKerf Team SL

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Just received a DeKerf Team SL in 853 (many thanks Max, superbly packed) and really excited about something different. Tiny dent on the top tube (as seen in the photo) but hasn't broken the paint so doesn't look anything untoward.

Frame is for 80mm forks so thinking carbon rigids, BB7s (for a variety of luddite reasons but does allow use of thumbies), Middleburns, amberwalls.

That said, thoughts on build would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• DeKerf Team SL frame.JPG
    DeKerf Team SL frame.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 2,662
I think white and red, with blue accent pieces would look perfect with this, :cool: very nice new toy for you :cool:

kaiser":2abdqwbw said:
What year is it?

I'm not sure - I thought perhaps 2001 but the frame number is DEK2203 which suggests, without knowing what I'm on about, 2003.

I take it your not concerned about period correctness? Looks like a good frame to hang some nice boutique parts of then. Not sure about the carbon forks though. They tend to be quite a fat leg compared to the slinky tubes. What about a custom fork? Maybe a dekerf or a waltworks? Possibly a groovy or type II? Race face steel stem would be nice.

so thats where it went. bargain and a very nice steed Mr Ed. Love my UK Ltd and sure you'll love that too. Nice one :D :cool:

It's time to bite the bullet and get some bounce on the front, I'm afraid. Some decent modern forks too!
Lovely frame, and a real bargain too!

Back