What replica next?

ameybrook":jq2uz7oc said:
my current replica project-

tinker_teamfahrer.jpg

Will have it done in a few days, found it mostly BIN on ebay. Penny Pinchers BOTM here I come!

kidding. ;)

I would almost give my left hand for a Storm Adroit! ;)
Don't still know, what the EX means in the Adroit name but that really is something! However, I would like to have it with the original storm painted Mag21, 'cause it looks much nicer that way.

But hey, you can buy Storm Adroits from eBay for BIN of either $1500 (full XTR M900 MC1 model) or 35000€ (bling-bling MC2 model). All it needs is a lots of luck or lots of money :p

A somewhat easier Klein/Tinker replica would be a 1991/92 Gator Adroit with full Campagnolo parts as seen in 1992 Klein catalogue cover.
During that time Tinker was an absolute animal: riding with full-rigid Adroit with those lousy-working parts! I remember him telling in some MBA article that he builds his training bike very heavy so that his racing bike would feel ultra-light! :cool:

Good photos!

I think what made the Tomac replica so recognisable is that the bike was basically the same for 3 years.

How about a team Ritchey project like Thomas Frishknecht, Henrik Djernis and Ruthie Matthes - those bikes won everything from 1992 -1995. The Ritchey parts would be pretty easy to get but not sure where you would find an Allsop suspension stem!

bordercollie1":3tkab5lr said:
How about a team Ritchey project like Thomas Frishknecht, Henrik Djernis and Ruthie Matthes - those bikes won everything from 1992 -1995. The Ritchey parts would be pretty easy to get but not sure where you would find an Allsop suspension stem!

i know of a Ritchey Softtail frame and Allsop Stem for sale. And I have some NOS Ritchey Logic pedals ;)

bordercollie1":3h51nx7q said:
How about a team Ritchey project like Thomas Frishknecht, Henrik Djernis and Ruthie Matthes

Here's my Ruthie -

DSCN1057.jpg

Her bike, made at Yeti, ridden for Team Evian in 95 (I think).

Henrik Djernis' fully rigid P22....

Would be nice to see someone pull that off, and it wouldn't be to difficult.

Only occasionally as I recall. (He still has his P22 actually, and still rides it too - as the only one of his pro-issue bikes that he kept).

He was a cyclocross rider way before he was an MTBer and even when he rode for Proflex, he had his suspension modified changed to remove all the travel and rode as if it was a rigid.

bordercollie1":2hmg50f5 said:
How about a team Ritchey project like Thomas Frishknecht, Henrik Djernis and Ruthie Matthes - those bikes won everything from 1992 -1995. !
funny you should mention that :p

:D

Back