Bargain Ebay bike lights

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
for those people that have bought these, any good?

Any problems with the clamspl breaking or not being secure?

Serioulsy thinking of getting some, just coz they are so cheap ..... (doubt they be a good as my own lamps but can't resist cheapness .... :twisted: )

it states: working voltage is wide and can utilize the batteries in the largest extent.

Sounds like they have a driver inside; anyone tried using a larger voltage? Go on, some one try it, worst case you destroy a £ 1.50 lamp but if it works, and I expect it should, then you could do away with the piddly AAAA batteries and use a LiPo.

I suppose someone could ask the seller about this.

The sellers are just resellers and probably don't have much tech info on the lamps..

There are numerous reports in this thread with individual opinions on performance of the lights, have a scan through..

I'm going to try running mine a little hot and see what gives.. just need to source a couple of batteries that'll fit in the space..

The lights are available for around £1.50... but don't forget the postage.

They are, however, available including postage for under a fiver.

well i'm running 2x CR2 batteries in mine and they run really well. a friend of mine is going to machine a shim for me so they should fit perfectly :)

I took one apart and there is a small driver PCB inside - I was surprised, as I expected that at this price it would drive the LED directly. I can't see exactly what it has on it as the PCB is even epoxy potted, which is a good sign for reliability.

Just the emitters and reflector assembly are a good deal and have plenty of potential if you were to chop them up and fit a separate battery pack.

I got three and a half hours run time out of my light last night, there was plenty of juice left but decided to turn it off to prevent a full discharge of the battery pack.

3.5 hours is very good, especially with new batteries that have yet to reach their maximum capacity. Very impressed so far. :D

We did Gisburn Forest last night using these lights.

I had used 2 last week, and by the end of the ride those were fading (2 hours each week)

However 2 on the front is easy good enough for fire roads at decent speed, but there isnt the spread to not slow down quite a bit on downhill single track. Bear in mind it was rainy and foggy last night too, not clear and moonlit - so was quite impressed to be honest, for such cheap lights.

I have ordered some of the 900 lumens lights @ £50 each from Deal Extreme (3 sets) for our little night riding group to use. That plus one of these little ones should give us what we need. Link is also posted in this thread.

just ordered another 3 of these puppies. another one for me, one for the missus and one for my mum.

ordering some 1100Mah batteries to compliment

I had my two front lights today. For what they cost you can't go wrong. The're well made and the holders seem to do the job well. I'm happy enough with them.
Ian

Back