Coast 2 Coast hArdGay Off Road - Sat 25th/Sun26th September

After frugally planning to come down by train I've decided that it's just money after all, and have booked the car on the ferry for Friday night, giving me a sporting chance of getting home on the Sunday, if we make it back to Ardgay before 5.

Oh, the tension.

But this now gives me an extra half day to fart around in before packing :D

Set yer sat navs to IV24 3DH - that should get you to the village centre should be easy enough to find the train station car park.

Looks like a pretty straight forward drive up. A9 until Tarlogie / Dornoch Firth then left onto A836.

If I need to phone Kaiser or Gazz, I wont.

velomaniac":uaap1prs said:
Be a major shame if a significant chunk of the clan MacRetro get swept away or drooned :LOL:

you are right velo, would be a real shame since you will not be there. :twisted:

therealkw15":2ajt7s4s said:
I'll have a Park Tool, tyre levers, spoke key, crappy pump, cable ties, tube, puncture repair kit and bottle opener. Maybe also my Bahco shifting spanner for headset tweaks. Lights, Blackberry, charger, GPS receiver, compass, waterproof breeks, laminated maps, Avon Skin so Soft for the midgies, neoprene overshoes. My son's cycling mitts. Camera.

Check! Packing underway.

Volunteers then:

Spare tyre: Kaiser
Chain tool:
Good pump:
First aid kit:
Headset spanner: TK
8" record vice: TK
Selection of nuts bolts links cables: Kaiser,

Anything else you can think we can share add to the list and if your carrying it as well add your name.

Ku now dingled* and biopaced :eek: brakes fixed(fingers crossed) and nearly ready to go. Will swap the saddle tomorrow.

*no one has mentioned how stupid this may be so I've done it anyway and now its too late.

Dingled - Two Big Rings perhaps ;)

Still workin' :shock:

Not packed yet :roll:

Bike OK but still to change tyres :D

Weather promising - dry with cold north easterly :p

Will try to stop work by 5;30pm ra morra, pack car and bike, and make tracks northwards. Otherwise its the FO Early start on Sat am :LOL:

Seem to have put on a stone since August :shock:

Dingled is 2 big chainrings, point to MrP :) No I've not packed either I do have a list though.

Back