Coast 2 Coast hArdGay Off Road - Sat 25th/Sun26th September

Do we know how big/wide or what the flow is like on this river normally? We might need either more ropes or the option of a different crossing point.

I'll be really disappointed if this crossing is easy :)

To aid communication, I think we should swop mobile numbers. You maybe all have already, but if someone wants to coordinate this, I'll pm them mine.

Alternatively, if you want to pm me your phone numbers I'll compile a list and circulate it.

Cheers
Steven

The Ken":1zjy6usx said:
Do we know how big/wide or what the flow is like on this river normally? We might need either more ropes or the option of a different crossing point.

I'll be really disappointed if this crossing is easy :)

This is getting a bit too much like Deliverance for me...

Here is the crossing (at my River Crossing waypoint) grabbed from Google Earth

Crossing of Abhainn Poblidh by therealkw15, on Flickr

I am going with the theory that if I take a good run at it and get some big ring action going on, I'll aqua-plane over the surface and arrive at the other side as dry as Gandhi's flip flop- easy peasy

The two red dots and the line could be some sort of drive through :?:

I had a dream last night, I was in my undercrackers, with the bike held aloft over my head, I was wading across a very cold fast flowing river with the water right up to ma oxters- it was cold but not that difficult- we'll be fine, ive got an emergency blanket what can go wrong? :D

clockworkgazz":1de0l9rx said:
I had a dream last night, I was in my undercrackers, with the bike held aloft over my head, I was wading across a very cold fast flowing river with the water right up to ma oxters- it was cold but not that difficult- we'll be fine, ive got an emergency blanket what can go wrong? :D

Well, as we're only taking one set of pants between the 8 of us - you might not have them

Back