Coast 2 Coast hArdGay Off Road - Sat 25th/Sun26th September

Whadya think? Will probably get the brooks fitted.

5013984567_9b93318f02_b.jpg

I believe you are incapable of building a bike that doesn't look good. Somehow, even the rack looks less utilitarian than normal.

Cheers ZZ :D

clockworkgazz":3pmaixhs said:
looks a lot better with fat tyres- you bringing your own panniers?

Aye I think so, would probably be for the best.

zigzag":vy1rly6o said:
I believe you are incapable of building a bike that doesn't look good. Somehow, even the rack looks less utilitarian than normal.

looks cool apart from the gayboy brakes and levers, trendy bars and fugly tensioner :twisted:

done a map with the route marked...

Macretro_AtoU.jpg

I can email the full size to anyone with that wants it, would need to be printed onto around 4 sheets of A4 to be useful, I'll do one here along with a couple of mini versions, that doesn't mean I'll remember to bring them.

clockworkgazz":11ptcs4b said:
zigzag":11ptcs4b said:

looks cool apart from the gayboy brakes and levers, trendy bars and fugly tensioner :twisted:
This is obviously why I like it... well apart from the tensioner, I'll give you that.

I've made a top tube version of my map and a larger version for in my bag incase we do actually get lost.

I've packed the rope - 15 metres, borrowing some double carabinas from a mate too.
Too tired tonight to face heading out to the shed so I'll pack my pannier instead.

Rather hectic at work this week and now fully committed until Friday afternoon :roll:

S'pose I'd better start thinking about swapping tyres, pedals, and packing then. Immersion suit added to list.

Ropey River Crossing - remember the first guy (Hapless Soul) must cross UPSTREAM from those holding the rope. If he slips the others pull him back quickly whilst he drifts along aided by the flow.

If the Hapless Soul crosses downstream from, or level with the anchor point and slips, the ropeholders have a difficult job pulling him in against the river flow and he's pulled under :shock:

Baggy no me.

Back