North East Rides; Nightrides and Thrunton- Join in!

Not sure yet. Crazy week at work again and still have to fettle bike for the Peaks. I will let you know nearer the time.

Si you riding tomorrow night?

What's the build spec for the Spitfire?

Also did this route last night; the new Das Boot will be quality when it's finished.

Nah mate. I'm going to be off bikes for a few weeks until I can get the Spitfire built up. Last weekends ride oop on't moors killed my wrists and I'm still paying for it.

Spit is going to get most of the bits from the Cotic - 140mm Magura Thors, Formula The One, Hope hubs, H/set and Stem, 1x9 XT, Middleburns etc.
Going to put a KS height adjustable seatpost on it though (5" drop) and have a new Fizik Gobi XM saddle for it too.
Will give it a go like that and maybe try a 160mm fork. I think it will be fine with the 140 on it though; the geometry is adjustable so I can run it low and slack with that fork which will help on the descents.

Looking forward to trying it out.

Dr S":3rle7flk said:
Nah mate. I'm going to be off bikes for a few weeks until I can get the Spitfire built up. Last weekends ride oop on't moors killed my wrists and I'm still paying for it.

Spit is going to get most of the bits from the Cotic - 140mm Magura Thors, Formula The One, Hope hubs, H/set and Stem, 1x9 XT, Middleburns etc.
Going to put a KS height adjustable seatpost on it though (5" drop) and have a new Fizik Gobi XM saddle for it too.
Will give it a go like that and maybe try a 160mm fork. I think it will be fine with the 140 on it though; the geometry is adjustable so I can run it low and slack with that fork which will help on the descents.

Looking forward to trying it out.

Sounds a blast, let me know when you get the frame and I'll pop up.

The 6 pack was quality, I was blown away.

Si reckon your LL is going to be amazing.

Rode a canny section tonight; Jakes Place, had a lovely slab into a drop off :)

Troutie has got a backlog of orders and there has been a delay in getting parts. He says that he will be assembling another batch this week for delivery next week.

Itching to get back up to Thunton and try out the new bike. It looks odd but I guess I'm just old fashioned in my tastes. Quick squizz around the street last night looked promising- absolutely no bob and it is super plush.

Looking forward to a Thrunton ride in the light later - 4:30 there Toons?

Will this be the start of you and Si converting me to old (cough) retro bikes then?

Back