Building the Fat fork...

Thanks for the extra info Rody, I guess it was a labour of love. I really like the finished article and I can empathise with the position you were in. Hats off to you for helping a fellow FatCog out and for having scruples.

Tangent, sorry mate, thought it was for a modern project ;)

Re: Disc mounts?

tangent":n66lkudi said:
Not retro or period correct

Right, but personally I think this piece manufactured by passionate craftsman is waaaaay cooler than a Yo fork somebody swung on ebay

Hmm, I see how tangent's post can be taken two ways, but I don't think he was referring to Rody's version being none period or retro which to me they plainly are (reminiscent of the period). I read it that Tangent thought that the idea of those forks with a disc mount on wasn't period correct but would be a lovely fork nevertheless.
;)

discs

Yep , was referring to the addition of modern discs not the fork design, which I would love to plug onto my FAT ti mmm...with said discs mount :cool: . Amazing to learn more about the build there Rody, Cheers!

Thinking some more I geuss MTN Cycles (1st ever disc brake?) or an early HOPE (cable!) or AMP (later badged as Rock Shox) would all count as 'retro' untis (although I still wouldn't want to ride them tho' :?) hope that clears up the confusion...

Elv, even tho that wasn't what I was on about ... I totally agree with the point you made about the craftmenship / passion etc.

I know where you're coming from Melvin and I know that you're very passionate yourself about period pieces. I agree with you about the passion and quality of workmanship here too. ;)

Back