Hi all , newbie but need some info.!! NOW WITH PICS!!

sparkler

Retro Newbie
Hello every body ,

Just thought id post now ive found this forum, Its suberb.

I have an Orange C16R , Bought from ebay about 12 mnths for £50 squid which i was advised was a bargain!!!. Frame has a few battle scratches on it and really needs a respray. What i wanted to know was are stickers sets still available for the bike from ORANGE??

Dont really want to respray it if they aren't available??? Just fitted new STX cantilevers as the old ones were pretty knackered.
Also would like some advice on what wheels to fit.

It has some gash steel wheels fitted at the moment :cry: :cry:
As the originals got trashed at some point by the previous owner.

What are the original wheels that were fitted to these??

Sorry there are a lot of questions but im eager to get some riding hours on her :D :D
Will get some pics up soon .

thanks in advance

lee

Don't know about the stickers, but from memory I think the wheels on mine were low-level Mavic on low-level Shimano. What year and colour is yours?

Stickers available on Ebay usually, or forum member Gil_m is your man - he does a very good set for whatever you need.

Thanks for the reply's.

Not sure what year the bike is . What's the easiest way to tell ???

Contact orange and give them the frame number??

Bike is silver with Shimano stx cantilevers , Sachs grip shifters and not sure on the mechs , thsy are shimano but dont have the models no's with me at the mo . Im at work on nights :cry: :cry:

Sticker set that is on it looks original but the "orange" bit is very different to the itallics of the modern "orange" . Will get some pics tomorrow when i get up and post them.
Oh also it has a JD components suspension unit on the handlebars!!! Very Retro..
same as this but in turquoise ...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=011

thanks

lee

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I have some new old stock orange decals - let me know what your after & I'll see if these fit the bill...

regards

Martin

Here a few pics of my C16r ,

Martin ,,this is the sticker set im after

cheers

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Back