show your beach cruiser/clunker/chillout ride...

here are mine and Mrs Rowleys pub / sunday morning papers bikes.

Attachments

• Kustom Kruiser.JPG
    Kustom Kruiser.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 5,445
  • Petro Zillia.JPG
    Petro Zillia.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 5,445
and here is my favourite bike collected a few years ago from a nice man from Nappa.

Attachments

• retrotec.JPG
    retrotec.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 5,444
Here's mine, in its new 'natural environment' :D
Built this for easy rides along the prom. Really comfortable riding position and love the extra wide motorbike bars :cool:

DSC00940.jpg

DSC00942.jpg

DSC00928.jpg

Ahhh, summer evenings....where have they gone already :roll:

Not sure if this is going to fit in with the other bikes in here but this is my local hack and 'event' bike. Started off life as a shopper:

shopper_ebay1.jpg

I chopped and lengthened it into this laid back cruiser thing:

DSC03039.JPG

Then added a tank:

P1010108.JPG

I knocked about on it for some time like that then it sat on the shelf for a couple of years because it's not that practical. Last week I decided to redo the frame and made it into this:

IMG_6134.JPG

It's just a practical little bike that owes me next to nothing and has been all over the place with me.

just perfeck

roll on sunday..............hopefully more lazy days....... :cool:

Attachments

• 100_0165a.JPG
    100_0165a.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 5,325
  • 100_0346a.JPG
    100_0346a.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 5,325
  • 100_0359a.JPG
    100_0359a.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 5,325
i wish i still had this, it was bought with money i got for my 21st
here's a photo taken the night before it went to its new owner
i had my name on it and a badge from the shop i worked at,
i had a couple of calls from its next few owners just to find out who i was :)

Attachments

• dyno.jpg
    dyno.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 5,254

Attachments

• cycletruck1_sized_174.jpg
    cycletruck1_sized_174.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 5,214
My '76 Krelmin Cycle cruiser

Here is my one-of-a-kind '76 Krelmin Cycle beach cruiser. I built it largely to get beer. When I would ride down the boardwalk at Mission Beach (San Diego, California), guys would call out, "What a bitchen bike! May I ride it? Here, have a beer!" I could go all afternoon with a fresh cold one in my hand.

For details of engineering, see http://members.cox.net/drpaddle/KrelminCycle/Krelmin1.htm. It has some interesting retro parts, including the '50s-vintage Maxicar drum brake from a Follis tandem that I used for the jack shaft, and the '71-vintage right half of a Brampton steel hub through-bolted to the shopping cart wheel. The photo was taken only a few years ago, and I could still sort of fit in my 1972 San Diego Bicycle Club team-issue Shimano jersey.

This bike was the product of profound inspiration. I was 21 years old, had just returned from a 2.5-month bike tour across the US, and was wrenching repairs late at night alone in a bike shop in Chico, California (home of Mountain Goat, BTW). I wrapped up the last job and was leaning against the bench when inspiration hit. I looked in one corner of the workroom and saw a pile of old frames. In another corner, I spied the gas welding rig. In the refrigerator was a 12-pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon. Combining all three created the Krelmin cycle!

Attachments

• Krelmin1.jpg
    Krelmin1.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 5,224
Ha! That's inspired!

I've seen a picture of you on it before though, I wish I could remember where.

Back