The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

if I can shift more of the stuff I'm selling, I'll take the Pioneer. Maybe take a look at my thread, I'm splitting my whole M2.

Castle Warwick speakers now available - £70 posted ***SOLD***

castle_warwick_drivers_147.jpg

Technics SL-10 available - £100 posted

B&W DM2 series II transmission line speakers with original factory stands:

£150 collected (Very big)

Attachments

• B&W DM2 Series 2.jpg
    B&W DM2 Series 2.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 5,885
I am interested in the B&Ws, as I've been looking for something good for my dad's birthday. What would you recommend driving them with?

:LOL: Genius!

Luckily I usually work with a system that uses, well, up to 20 boxes... of 100kg each :D

djoptix":2yutd9j1 said:
I am interested in the B&Ws, as I've been looking for something good for my dad's birthday. What would you recommend driving them with?

something with a good power supply.

If interested, I do have a Sansui AU-517 that would take these by the scruff of the neck:

AU517_00005.jpg

Are the Castle speakers flat sounding? Need something to monitor recordings in my home studio and for general listening as well. Don't want anything too flattering or coloured.

Emoco":1rmmlxpy said:
Are the Castle speakers flat sounding? Need something to monitor recordings in my home studio and for general listening as well. Don't want anything too flattering or coloured.

Colouration from cabinets and design/ materials is nigh on impossible to remove unless you have deep pockets.

The Castles are just normal book shelf sound speakers. If using them as 'near field monitors' they are probably gonna be ok but not great.

legrandefromage":1y344wtx said:
djoptix":1y344wtx said:

something with a good power supply.

If interested, I do have a Sansui AU-517 that would take these by the scruff of the neck:

AU517_00005.jpg

What sort of price might that be posted?

Back