Bargain Ebay bike lights

hamster":2mw7wpb2 said:
They come in all shades as a result of manufacturing variability. Expensive ones are sorted, cheaper ones ain't.

Don't wholly agree with that tbh..

Since first buying them, there's been 'warm white' available.. in my experience (I'm no expert, just a layman who's been dabbling for about 10 years) it's more about the source than the cost.
It took me a couple of years to find a supplier/manufacturer who would reliably send exactly what I wanted and not lie about the specs.. they also were one of the cheapest.

They're EXCELLENT!! A proper, full 2 hour burn time with 1000mAh NiMH batteries. The limted focus of the beams work better than expected ( one, long spot and the other, close flood ). Excellent for a big-@rsed ample in the wood but poor for downhill/hardcore shenanigans.

Jus to recap, the lights Legrandfromage recommended are here...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT ( bloody linking thing don't work )

The gold ones are here...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 3699wt_913

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Neil":1wuh4gqc said:
As to the relevance of £250 LED lights to a thread started about bargain bike lights on ebay (that are roughly a fiver each) - there's a huge order of magnitude in difference in price - I think to the point that most people who read the thread to start off with, and perhaps bought some of these lights, may well fail to see the relevance a product that's roughly 50x more expensive.

It's not about sensitivity, nor about inverted snobbery, it's just about relevance. Maybe you do actually believe there's some relevance in advocating a product costing £250 in a thread discussing lights costing around a fiver. In the same spirit of everybody being free to express their opinion, what's wrong with expressing the opinion on why it's not equitable to float the discussion of high(er) end lights on their own thread?

I would say that discussion of any lighting system on a thread about lights is fair game.

I'm getting sets of these now to replace some of our club's more antiquated lights...you know; the ones that 3 years ago cost me £120 but have the same bleedin' power as these £5 cheapies that come with free mounts and free rear lights...

SNA12JACK-280_678681a.jpg

@rse!!

The Panacronic batteries supplied with mine are about as useful as a mans nipple :LOL:

I only have enough spare Duracell's for one torch but the differance in output is :shock: most noticeable on flash mode.

WD :D

Thanks LGF, I love a bargain!

Mine arrived on Saturday and I tried them out on Sunday evening. Although not pitch black it was dark enough to need lights, especially through the trees. I was using one mounted on the bars alongside a tesco 3w cree (all the rage about this time last year!). They looked about the same in terms of brightness but the spread and size of hot spot on the 5w is much better.

They are more than adequate for my needs, I'll be putting two side by side on the bars and the 3w on my lid. Also be investing in some decent nimh rechargeables.

I just hope they dont go the same way as my 'bargain' mini DV cam which has died on me after 6 months!

stu76":24rgzhld said:
I just hope they dont go the same way as my 'bargain' mini DV cam which has died on me after 6 months!

Have a look inside the light and you'll see there's very little to go wrong ;)

If the LED blows a replacement is relatively easy to solder back in. . . :cool:

Back