Bravado LE Team Scream Paint job resto. Latest pics...

f you find 2 bologna lite forks in team scream..........
tell me.

I'm going to go with Mag 21's for my build... I do actually know (I think) where there is a set of Bologna forks in team scream...

A very good friend of mine had a Bravado LE back in the day and I believe he still has it... I'm sure it had team scream forks and not black...

Trouble is I haven't spoken to him in absolutely ages and It would be bad form to ring up to ask if I can have his bike!

I really should give him a call though. If I ever do a deal with him on it. i'll let you have first dibs on the fork!

ringo":3bktuxnl said:
Right, after a busy couple of days the Bravado now looks like this - Bottom shot for your benefit Enid!

The more astute of you may have guessed that I have foregone the opportunity to do a patch job on the frame instead opting for the full blown resto.

My next problem is how to paint it. I've never painted a bike frame and would welcome either a link to an existing thread on painting techniques or any advice that anyone can give...The hard bit will be blending the original paint to the new...

Buy you aren't a kidding...that's going to be near impossible to blend new to old without creating some sort of "solvent pop" which will cause the old paint to lift off the frame within a short tome after the new paint hits the frame. Maybe and if your primer is good but your primer will need to be compatible with the original paint so it doesn't cause the remaining paint to lift.

Yeah, I know...

Took the decision based on experimentation... worst case scenario is to end up with a frame similar to Drystone Paul's or having a go at replicating the team scream bit with new paint/stencils.

We'll know one way or the other in the next few weeks!

:D :D

worst case scenario is to end up with a frame similar to Drystone Paul's

Drystone -should have added this is still a viable option, I really liked what you did with yours!

Got the primer on today... Leave it now for a couple of days prior to rubdown.

bad news on the sticker front Gil may be able to do them, but it will be sometime in the winter.

Another silly question, do you apply details before or after lacquer?

P1000372.jpg

P1000373.jpg

P1000374.jpg

Marc Twotone fitted the BB and said it was best left in! great frame can't wait to ride it...

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

where the old team scream bits gone?? they masking taped over ;) ;)

Hopefully... ;)

Gils been in touch, he can help in November (which is good for me).

he can also supply splatter stencils if Plan A doesn't work!

ringo":2zfxna17 said:
Hopefully... ;)

Gils been in touch, he can help in November (which is good for me).

he can also supply splatter stencils if Plan A doesn't work!

wicked that is great news :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I'm liking where this is going - might give me inspiration for how to restore my Tequila Sunrise Korakoram, so much so I have just ordered some enamel paint to begin touching in the marks.

Back