its that time of year again, i am looking at bikes for kids

http://www.re-buy-cycle.co.uk/details.php?id=115

MK 2 Grifter £123 posted £95 collect

0.jpg

try Islabikes

I think these are a bit pricier but seem to always get v.good reviews as good geometry and nice and light, particulary as most kids bikes today are full suss or atleast come with a heavy front fork with minimal front travel

mine is too young so I use this :

main.php

It is excellent , I can take him anywhere and when he wants to ride I just put the small wheels back on his bike and fold the bars on mine .

Check this out...i'm sure it looked better than this when i was a kid....check out da chrome on that chainguard...all that's missing is some pg tips cards and pegs - simply attached to rear stays for that 'motorbike' noise.. :oops:

Bring bag the 'Sturmey Archer' 3 speed, chainy thing hub..! :cool:

Attachments

• comando.jpg
    comando.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,290
My eldest boy is 8 and he has just upgraded to a 26" wheel bike, we built it from my old parts at the shop, dirt jumper frame 11" centre to centre and a non suspension corrected rigid fork. built up into a great bike! didn't cost a great deal - you probably have a ton of old kit kicking around i bet - and you can pick up a little frame pretty cheap second hand - tart it up a bit and get the little'un to help build it. Good fun to do - they learn a bit and actually end up looking after it - and if they are lucky upgrades are easy to source!

If you are looking for new - you can't go far wrong with the '08 Trek kids bikes - proper BB not something from a BMX! and finally they have an aheadset - very cool bike - Fantastic second hand value when they outgrow them too!

My kids have a Gary Fisher (same bike as the Trek) and a Specialized respectively.

Mum thinks I'm a t..t because they have no kickstands,mudguards and luggage racks.....

My lads think it's cool to have a bike like Dad's.....

Who says women are always right?

My wifes thought's were "I know about bikes so I should spend what I think is right for a good quality make that will last". - then I mentioned the kona stinky.

So my son has a Trek MT60, seems really adjustable (he's a small 9) it has a kickstand, I'm sure it has saved me buying a few rear mechs.

It cost £180, he now wants a BMX :roll:

In hindsight I would have gone the build from scratch route but the trek is a really solid Alu frame. And on Xmas day a new bike says it all.

I might build my daughter's bike from scratch as she'll need a new one around her spring birthday.

Back