Bargain Ebay bike lights

JamesM":392xrbqy said:
trickylad":392xrbqy said:
Before posting this I took counsel from Kofi Annan - better be prepared

Anyway.

Anyone else struggled to get the front light to clamp hard on your oversize bars?

i can't use the fat shim grip - too big

the thin one tightens but when i get the light installed it slips around

Baie dankie en totsiens

(cheers kofi)

You could try wrapping some insulation tape around the bars first. It should mean the clamp does up tighter and the rubber shim will grip the tape better than the aluminium of the bar.

After having spent the best part of £60 on some bling Renthal DH bars

Im certainly not putting tape on them beauties :roll:

May wrap a bit of old innertube round before the rubber shim ;)

I wish these threads would stay "on topic" :roll:

Gc

Bargain Ebay lights - went out with them tonight - extremely good and worth the tenner I paid for four lights ;)

Sad we have to import them from the other end of the planet but that is just current market forces, unfortunately.

Working on a couple of civil engineering jobs at the moment and really pee'd off that its MUCH cheaper to buy 10 tons of granite, shipped from Ch*na to the Scottish west coast, than quarry or obtain it locally or at least in the UK.

Mindblowingly undefathomable but true. Now aiming for another Ch*nese free xmas target, but will probably miss. :roll:

Enid_Puceflange":2m1nn943 said:
JamesM":2m1nn943 said:
trickylad":2m1nn943 said:
Before posting this I took counsel from Kofi Annan - better be prepared

Anyway.

Anyone else struggled to get the front light to clamp hard on your oversize bars?

i can't use the fat shim grip - too big

the thin one tightens but when i get the light installed it slips around

Baie dankie en totsiens

(cheers kofi)

You could try wrapping some insulation tape around the bars first. It should mean the clamp does up tighter and the rubber shim will grip the tape better than the aluminium of the bar.

After having spent the best part of £60 on some bling Renthal DH bars

Im certainly not putting tape on them beauties :roll:

May wrap a bit of old innertube round before the rubber shim ;)

I wish these threads would stay "on topic" :roll:

Gc

Fair enough. You could try electrical loom tape from a car shop. It's a bit like insulation tape but without the glue. It sticks to itself but won't leave a mess on your bars. It much thinner than an inner tube too so you can wrap it round as many or as few times as you need to get the clamp to grip as tight as you think necassary. I've used it in the past for just this problem and it worked well. It's narrower than the clamp too so you won't see it once the light brakcet is fitted. On my original post I just thought it would be easier to suggest insualtion tape as everyone has some of that kicking around.

You could also try putting the bracket on backwards with the light in it the wrong way round so the weight of the light is more centralised with respect to the clamp.

The 'wrong way round bracket' trick is much neater and works well for me.

These lights are about as good as a Hope Vision one setting off max. LEDs are improving at an incredible rate at present. However, it will be interesting to see how good they are after a winter of damp and muck - then the build quality can be assessed. I've bought a second set on the basis of my experience with the first.

White LED's come in all sorts of 'shades' of white.. from almost piddle yellow through to Persil blue/white. . .

Well my jiffy bag turned up today marked as a USB cable with a value of 5 USD ;-) :LOL: imagine how disappointed I was when I found four purple bezzled lights in it :cool:

Less than 11 days from payment to delivery :cool:

All four have the white / blue style light :cool:

WD :D

Back