Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Hy friends of the good old Dynatech,

Now I want to show you the big brother of my 43 cm frame MT4. It was build in sept 93 with the Shimano XT 737 and Syncros parts. If have had got it back from a good old friend in jan 09. It's in original condition and I'm realy proud for being the owner of this part of bike history.

Best regards from mainhatten

Ooo, a Dyna-Tech thread - just what I needed! :cool: :LOL:

I'll have a proper read through while pretending to work tomorrow, but in the meantime this is to be my new arrival, expected at the end of the month :cool:

picture_419_175.jpg

Just the frame and I've no real info on it - any ideas of age/model? Guessing a good read through of the thread might throw up the answers. Mostly though I'm thinking about forks for it, obvious choice was my (red) Judys, but I'm thinking they may be a little long at 100mm travel? Also have some rigid Onza Lite-Guys that I think might look sweet, but possibly they're too short at 395mm...

Hmm, open to suggestions! Looking forward to catching up on the other 28 pages now... :LOL:

Well, up to page 10 so far and I'm thinking:
a) it's likely an MT-4 (originally purple?)
b) my teenage crush on Cazza hasn't abated in the slightest... :oops:

:LOL:

Dynatechrider":24baoxe3 said:
Hy friends of the good old Dynatech,

Now I want to show you the big brother of my 43 cm frame MT4. It was build in sept 93 with the Shimano XT 737 and Syncros parts. If have had got it back from a good old friend in jan 09. It's in original condition and I'm realy proud for being the owner of this part of bike history.

Best regards from mainhatten
[/code]

Looks great.. thougth teh tyres look a little wide for it. I think my Ogre came with a 1.95 on the front and a 2.15 on the rear. :LOL:

Hey all, just a quick update :) build's well in it's way & a magnet test does point to MT4 as suspected (sticks to lugs & seatstay only). Will get some pics up after the maiden voyage (hopefully) on Sunday... :cool:

Mine came with a 26.4 seatpost (and a very unhappy looking lug :( ) but I've now tried 26.6 & 26.8 shims (on a 25.4 post that I had spare) and 26.6 is a very tight but good fit - probably tight as it's been closed up too far, had to get brutal with a big lever :evil:

Also considering a a ti stem for it, but these frames use commercially pure ti & the finish on mine is kind of waxey and quite dark :? Whereas most ti alloys I've seen are a very 'clean' & dry-looking light grey. So I'm just wondering if it'll be a good match?

Now I've seen inside the headtube I can say the original colour was definitely purple, so I'll have another read through the thread to try & figure out the year & model it would've been, unless anyone can tell me?

Very excited to get out on it soon! :cool:

mt 4???

Hi,
purple original color inside the headtube would point to an ogre XT, or an ogre DX if it does not have dyna drive chain stays. These chain stays were titanium on the XT and cro-mo on the DX. Hope this helps.

MTrax Elite Titanium

Not a DynaTech but here is my MTrax Elite in brushed titanium. I bought it new in 1998 (H serial number) from Stows in Windsor. Some of the components were upgraded to XT immediately after purchase but otherwise it is pretty original, even the tyres. I think it is a 300 or 400 model but for some strange reason I scraped off the decal.
I will try to photograph my wife's MT-1.

Attachments

• Raleigh MTrax 300 Elite AB.jpg
    Raleigh MTrax 300 Elite AB.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 3,952
Re: MTrax Elite Titanium

kenh":2pv6de47 said:
Not a DynaTech but here is my MTrax Elite in brushed titanium. I bought it new in 1998 (H serial number) from Stows in Windsor. Some of the components were upgraded to XT immediately after purchase but otherwise it is pretty original, even the tyres. I think it is a 300 or 400 model but for some strange reason I scraped off the decal.
I will try to photograph my wife's MT-1.

Well, it jolly-well is a Dyna-Tech/M-Trax my good man.

Dyna-Tech and M-Trax were sub-brands of Raleigh and were later branded Raleigh Special Products. The frame you have is a plasma-arc welded titanium frame made in the RSP department at Nottingham. Congratulations.

Custom Frame

In that case I will have to get a photo of the one-off 531 mountain bike frame that Gerald O'Donovan made for me in the early 80s. I gave it to a friend but he still has it it. It was rather unusual in that it was built for Suntour roller cam brakes. I had to buy the brakes and send them to Ilkeston before the frame was built as Raleigh did not have the correct braze-on bosses. Gerald insisted on putting the rear brake on the chainstays because they were less flexible.

New (old) Raleigh Torus Ti

I just picked up a Raleigh Torus Ti frame yesterday and built it up to replace an old Trek frame I was using for my single speed. It seems to be a pretty unique frame and I'm currently working with the folks over at Raleigh corporate on finding some more info on it. It's got a funky serial number, T188. For the minimal amount that I've ridden it today, it is pretty flexy but amazingly smooth up and down hill.

Latest posts

Back