Nipples: silver
Spokes: silver
Tyres: nos mythos amberwall
Tubes: conti

Saddle: orange re furb
Seatpost: use
Seatpost Binder: silver shite alloy from a market

Weight: unknown

so the year is 1995 and i'm just getting into mtb properly. i've got a carerra kracken with e stays (my folks woould only buy bikes from halfords!) :oops: and my riding buddys got a orange clockwork which i liked but wasnt in love with :oops: . Then he brings a mate of his along whos on a P7-love at first sight(bike not the mate!), but alas out of my budget. The p7 replaced my first love which was a zolartone marin/splattter kona and was only supeceeded by the cannondale raven 4000 sx and the kona king kahuna.
Fast forward 15 years and after seeing too many amazing p7's on here HAD to have 1. Thanks to xcdave for the frame, Tim(just back dated/forkenglish) for all things pace related and ebay for the rest of it.
Need to get some hope skewers to repalce the cook bros and ideally some period correct rs3's (have you seen how much they go for on ebay!!!) it also needs a clean and polish etc but she's a rider so i'm not that bothered. also thanks to who ever started the saddle resto thread-the saddle was proper dogged before i recovered it in orange leather.

Attachments

• IMG_0411.jpg
    IMG_0411.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 5,420
  • IMG_0402.jpg
    IMG_0402.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 5,419
  • IMG_0403.jpg
    IMG_0403.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 5,419
  • IMG_0406.jpg
    IMG_0406.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 5,419
Made my day seeing this! Been wondering what would happen to it - it looks great. Excellent job on the saddle. The seatpost is a genuine USE, I took the sticker off as it was ratty - the logos on the Hotrods it had on had gone too, but like you say, it was a rider. Glad it's getting used like it's meant for.
I miss it now...

Thanks xcdave. the build was delayed by lack of space and xcellent summer riding weather.
Sorting the saddle was 1 of the most satisfying bits. Setting up the pace brake rocker was not! Think I have it right-it works well but if any pace experts no different let me no.

Hi there I got a p7 1995 currently on sale here .I made few changes to it look cool check my bike look at my profile dude thanks

Between Newtimber Hill and Devils Dyke, south downs last april.

8534400858_d07460ef50_z.jpg

8533294293_2058ffa07d_z.jpg

Great bike and great place to ride it! Newtimber hill manages always to be deserted. I picked a bag full of mushrooms (edible ones!) up there and nearly poisoned myself when half of them turned out to be rare yellow-staining mushrooms. Luckily spotted just in time

Yes it is very orange-not exactly subtle, but I like it. The angles on these frames are absolutely bang on for an xc hard tail-I love it.

Built a similar looking bike currently for sale on Gumtree London - it was a labour of love - not to everyone's taste...

Back