AFTERMATH - Brighton Beach Cruise 19th Sept 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry l missed you guys, couldn't make it til 11.15 :oops: but rode from the lagoon to the marina hoping l might catch you coming back the other way. No sign but lots of touring bikes out with people in yellow tops.
Ah well maybe next time,
Cheers Matt.

just got back..

very nice to meet everybody, and really enjoyed the ride.

you guys that left at the Marina missed the evil bloody hill back in to hove along the road!

managed to snap a couple of pics at our first cake stop

a handful of the bikes..
IMG_20100919_115113.jpg

pretty much all the faces bar mine, DA-EVO who's facing away from the camera and Andy who's hiding behind Haze in the red top
IMG_20100919_115125.jpg

see you reprobates again soon :LOL:

BobCatMax":1r9jb6kc said:
just got back..

you guys that left at the Marina missed the evil bloody hill back in to hove along the road!

Shame, really wanted to do that as well :LOL:

Someone was looking over us that day as we didn't have a ticket(literally :LOL: ) or a wheelclamp on the car despite being parked in the carpark for over 4 hours! Hahaha, 1 up on the parking wardens :p

Well Jonathan, I think we managed to realize your strategic vision pretty well. We made it almost all the way to the extremity of Shoreham harbour, but the road tyres couldn't quite risk the final bit, and then in the opposite direction we made it Rottingdean and made our way back along the top of the cliffs. I'm puzzled by this report of a hill though. What hill? ;)

In the meantime, we also made it to the far extremity of the Marina harbour wall. On our way back from there, I just said ladies first to Bobcatmax's partner Heidi, she went ahead of me and at that very second a giant wave crashed up and soaked the people a few feet ahead of her. I thought I'd be in the dog house, but miraculously she was untouched. Phew, that was a close one.

I made it 11 of us in all, including Andy (?) with a 95 Cinder Cone, whose user name I don't know.

In the concours d'elegance section, I would make my personal award of most desirable bike to Hurin76's Breezer Thunder pictured below.

In the road section, I would have to give it to Haze's Joe Waugh. A Pinarello is also a great bike, but by gad a Joe Waugh is British. Joe Waugh is the owner of M Steel Cycles in Newcastle, so I feel sure that Haze is right in his suspicion that it may well have been made by Dave Yates, who used to be the frame builder there before he set up on his own.

The award of star of the show would have to go to DA-EVO jnr, aka Will, whose effort per pound weight ratio was really impressive and he never wilted, right to the end. Well done that young man.

We did have cake etc at Carat's, and more cake near to Rottingdean, but I have to report the somewhat shameful fact that we didn't stop at Marrocco's. I did feel that this might be a blot on the good name of Retrobike, so I felt it my duty to rectify this anomaly immediately after the end of the ride, hence the final photo as proof.

Good to see you all. It would be good to do another ride in the Brighton area sometime soon, wouldn't it?

PS
Sorry we missed you Konaman1, we set off in the opposite direction! [I did give my mobile number!]

Attachments

• 1995 Kilauea at Marrocco's.jpg
    1995 Kilauea at Marrocco's.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 880
  • Hurin76, Heidi and Bobcatmax.jpg
    Hurin76, Heidi and Bobcatmax.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 880
  • Hurin76's Breezer Thunder.jpg
    Hurin76's Breezer Thunder.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 880
Thanks as always for organising this Jonathan / Anthony, it was a nice day out an Will / myself really enjoyed it.

Very nice to meet you all, and hope to see you again soon. Perhaps a spot of off-road next time.

Thanks also from Will, seems he is still awake and pretty happy with his day.

Cheers

Dylan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back