Reccomend me a frame

lclements

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
I am looking to get a frame to build up. I realise this seems a little vague, but I am after something 70-80s, nice lugwork, and not too hard to find or expensive.

If anyone on here has anything that fits that description, and is selling please post a picture, and if not, recommend me a frame :p

Also, what sort of bits are good? I currently have a SR Apex crankset, cinelli stem, shimano 600 rear derailleur, suntour front deraileur, a suntour powershifter stem shifter and some other bits.

So, do your worst :D

Luke

Knowing what size of frame you're after would help ;)

Fortunately. component compatibility wasn't so much of an issue before 8 speed arrived so you could pretty well mix'n'match. Super Record and Nuovo Record were the parts to have and current prices reflect the demand - you can still pick up the likes of Gipiemme, Miche, Galli and Zeus for a lot, lot less.

Didn't think of frame size... Well i ride an 18" mtb, but at work I ride many sizes around and 20/21" is still just about ok. Campag bits are good, but the record/super record will probs be out of my price range
Still, good to know there are other campag lines.
Luke

old Raleighs are quite nice but beware of 26TPI fork and BB shell threads as they make updating the BB and headset tricky

Back