Help !! Windows XP password problem.

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
Can anyone help me as to how I can access my PC , I use two computers one MAC and one PC based pc for office/home accounts etc , I set up the XP windows administrator password several weeks ago, and when I went to use it recently could not remember my password, I have clicked the hint button for password but what I thought it was its not DOH !! cannot remember it Help !!! ! anyone....

Happy to be MAC...

there's a downloadable image of a linux boot disk that can reset all XP passwords.

you can obtain password unlockers from the web, my father got hold of one after his school was donated 20+ ex corporate PC's ....all helpfully locked :roll:

All good suggestions but all you need is a program called ERD Commander, its 187mb if your email will allow you to receive a file of that size pm me you address and will send you will need to burn it to cd and away you go

As you should be able to tell my computer skills are very limited, Linux ? is it something I can download off some site or do I have to go to a shimano service centre :D :? :? :?

if not computer savvy dont go near as can cause more problems than its worth check my pm for more

I know more about computers these days then i do with bikes and as a former College ICT Repair/Network tutor i know a little bit about this

This all sounds very odd to me. Whats the point of making a computer safe/secure by having password entry. Which is what i have for my Mac. And then having all these 3rd party software to unlock a computer??? Surely that defeats the point in putting a password on the computer in the first place. if you get my jist. :?

Not getting drawn into a Mac vs PC debate there are ways around all security measures you just need to know what they are.

All macs are based on intel chipsets these days and therefore just shiny PC's and even the old ones when you strip out certain parts and goto PCB level some components again have intel chips, like with bikes though its all about do you prefer sram or shimano :p

PC pass word problem

thanks for all your help guys , still not managed to access the pc yet but hopefully with the assistance from the devon dirtbag I should get in, in the next couple of days royal mail permitting...

Big up the devon dirtbag...

:)

Back