Hi neighbor have a Raleigh TI

ScottishRetro

Devout Dirtbag
Hey all
first would like to say hi and hope someone could answer a few noob questions... Only for my own knowledge not so I can make a quick buck on the devil bay etc :roll:

I was given this frame today by a elderly neighbor, it belonged to his son who has long since moved abroad and he thought I would have some use for it as he knows I cycle tour and MTB plus I restore old brit motorcycles from time to time for people..

The amount I know about old road bikes you could put on the back of a ants stamp but im quite interested in starting cycle restoration and have been thinking about it for a bit now..

The frame looks like a Raleigh TI with serial number NP2011391 I can not say what the material is as the sticker on the seat tube is unreadable :roll:..

Thinking I have a few options with it if its not a Raleigh drain pipe frame, option one rebuild with period parts and fully restore the frame or convert to a nice Fixed gear as I have a few Phil wood hubs and rims in a box in the workshop, Also are repro decals availiable???

Thank you inadvance for any information you can help bring to light ;)

P.S was also given a bag with a Suntour V Luxe rear mech and shifters that came off this frame.. Pics to follow

IMG_6564.jpg

IMG_6562.jpg

IMG_6561.jpg

Ha I also get fresh apples from his tree as it over hangs my garden by 5 foot :shock: ... I must just be a nice guy :roll: Bit too nice to cut the bloody thing down!!! but he his in my good books as of this afternoon cant think why lol

Any idea on what this lump of metal is?? or worth doing up..
Im thinking getting it blasted and powder coated, rechrome forks and fit new decals just wish I knew what the frame material was...

Finally found some information am I right in thinking that the NP on the serial number is Nottingham and production month November?? would that make it a Reynolds 531 or 753 (753 I doubt im that lucky) frame? is there anyway to id the tubing??

Just HTS I think - you'd be looking for a "W" for an SBU frame. Still worth restoring, just don't spend a million!

Just HTS?????????..... sorry what is that??

Not going to spend much I will build my own wheels and look for some older used parts most likely will be a fixed gear :LOL:

Back