The MS Racing/alpinestars story.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Superb stuff, thank you!
Love the Profile Durango bars on Tim's bike! They were the ones which made me buy a pair! What a fool I was....!

Also, where can I find a pair of those trainers! So very Michael J Fox-esque late 80sness!

MS

the Comp XT and the Pro Comp XT. Both equipped with Shimano Deore XT as their names suggest

Interestingly & rather strangely the Comp XT was actually equipped with a full Deore rather than the XT groupset it's name suggests.

where you been ?

not seen you on here for ages m8

dont tell me i'm buying the wrong stuff :roll:

i'm after and have m730 for my ms compXT

bloody hell :shock:

MS

I used to have a yellow/white Comp XT in 1990 and sadly it was top to bottom Deore.

I'd carry on with M730 for yours, an obvious improvement which only "keep it stock" purists will nail you for. Take a look at my 88 Stmpy (below links), this too was specced as Deore but is now dripping with XT.

MS

Any pictures?

Sadly not but it was a great bike, really solid with RM17 rims & really neat own brand stem and post. I paid £250 2nd hand from a bike shop in Wakefield, it was used by the shop's race team the year before. I recall it had 4 finger levers, thumbies, hex grips & oddly the previous owner had put some motorcross style hand protectors on the bars. I resprayed it the next year and a year later it was nicked. I then bought my first Clockwork with the insurance money.

Cheers for comment on the Stumpy, she's my favourite ride right now.

Good luck with the build, I know there's some XT Comp pics on here somewhere as I've seen them.

that might be mine that you've seen posted on here

tho mr k has an ali one

Back