Someone to polish my frame - Glasgow area

It's not as complicated as I thought then, and I already have both the autosol and meguairs NXT so just need the brillo pads! I'll need to pick up some tools tomorrow as I can't find any of my old bike tools from years back when I previously into bikes.

Just out of interest, I also have an old Ridgeback frame I want to get powdercoated, roughly how much should I expect to pay for this? I've been quoted £65 from a place in Hillington which includes blasting before powdercoating. Does this seem a reasonable price?

if it is frame and forks then seems a fair price, make sure they protect the threads (bottom bracket, canti bosses etc) before they powdercoat.

clockworkgazz":2oyklfnt said:
if it is frame and forks then seems a fair price, make sure they protect the threads (bottom bracket, canti bosses etc) before they powdercoat.

Yep, just frame and forks but might get them to do my old girvin flexstem at the same time to match.

Nitromors yes but stop there, its been polished before right? Don't go near it with Brillo pads or anything like that. Try Autosol or if its not looking to bad then use Belgom Alu its gentler and leaves a protective film.

RobMac":21y7omae said:
Nitromors yes but stop there, its been polished before right? Don't go near it with Brillo pads or anything like that. Try Autosol or if its not looking to bad then use Belgom Alu its gentler and leaves a protective film.

I believe it's been polished before. I'll do one tube first with the Nitromors then polish to see how it comes out. Hopefully that'll do the job, if not then brillo pads and elbow grease.

As Rob says it may not be needed but I find it gets ride of any nitro and paint residue.

As a wee side note : I was intending to set up for polishing to make some cash but it was aimed at the motorbike applications, engine casings, swinging arms, frames that kinda thing. Ive already started in a small way Ive got various polishing mops and compounds SHINY SHINY :cool:

RobMac":23a2wpvq said:
As a wee side note : I was intending to set up for polishing to make some cash but it was aimed at the motorbike applications, engine casings, swinging arms, frames that kinda thing. Ive already started in a small way Ive got various polishing mops and compounds SHINY SHINY :cool:

I'll speak to you about this next week ;)

1975 CB750/4 :cool: currently dismantled :cool: :cool:

Latest posts

Back