Bargain Ebay bike lights

Theres nothing wrong at all with bargain bucket approach, I follow it as much as possible.
In fact, you have around 16 pages of people praising your bargain lights right here. Heck, I even bought one (and am pleased with its performance).

Dr S simply made a comment that he's more comforatable/happy/safe with an expensive set.
In truth, DR S' lights almost certainly work better than all of your cheapo's and therefore are fit for his purposes.

I dont see it as dick swinging / showing off / or even thread hi-jacking.. I see it as a discussion about bike parts.

Some of you are way too touchy. Not just in this thread.
Is this really a discussion about disposable income? or about cheap lights that do a good job?
Who cares if you are skint? No-one is showing off here, just discussing solutions. If you cant afford one solution why slate somebody who can?
Just because you have thousands of posts on a website, doesnt make you an authoritayyyyy and doesnt justify the sarcasm.

last time I looked we were discussing cheap & cheerful lights.

NOT post counts, white tyres, disc brakes. :roll:

legrandefromage":2cwikd1w said:
last time I looked we were discussing cheap & cheerful lights.

NOT post counts, white tyres, disc brakes. :roll:

last time I looked you were busy belittling someone, again.

Discussions evolve. Thats the nature of conversation.

:roll:

Well getting back to the subject of these ebay lights, i have tried some of the CR2 batteries and other than them being a bit narrow they work well! If anything a tiny bit brighter. Might see if i can make a shim for the batteries then order some rechargable ones!

I was entering a debate about cheap lights. I think that the £250 for a Trout light that kicks out 2000 lumen is cheap when compared to a Lupine that gives 1700 Lumen for over £700 (last time I looked).
No dick swinging, just entering the debate. If you want to get onto income may i add i spend what i can on bikes and riding- its my passion. I don't go out on the piss, don't take fancy holidays, work my bollocks off and I havn't bought a pair of jeans in 3 years. Spending a bit on a light that will give me good service for many years and many hours of enjoyment is good value to me. And you forget I'm from Yorkshire and we don't like spending if we can get away with it!!
If you want to get all bitchy then fine. Enjoy your 150 lumen lights and steady back lane bimbles.

Back