14 lbs Serotta T-Max...

I don't think he actually weighed it, just added up the parts he (thought) he could remember!

67g pedals? Please... :roll:

Shame though, as it actually looks really nice & he's getting grief for a daft claim instead of appreciation for a lovely bike :?

Hoping my Ibis will dip under twenty with it's new tyres, then I have to stop myself from getting silly with it as I'm broke & no whippit anymore! :oops: :LOL:

elPedro666":vgoprf4g said:
67g pedals? Please... :roll:

The pedals are legit!! Aerolite I believe they are. It's basically a titanium stick with a bearing nailed onto it, the cleat mechanism is on your shoe - like speedplay. So, ideal for MTBing then.... :roll:

My big problem with this bike (aside from the aesthetics.... it's like an explosion in the Crayola factory) is that none of the weights actually seem that out of place - but I cannot believe that it's 14lbs. My weight weenie wonderbike weighs a sniff under 19lb and I'm only giving up about 1lb on frame and forks compared to this guy - the rest of our kit is fairly comparable - certainly nowhere near enough to account for the other 4lb he has lost over me.

Seems fishy to me, if the guy ever reads this again, he's welcome to visit Chez Bob for a weight weenie weigh off on my fishing scales!!!

In the meantime - has there ever been a weight weenie BoTM?? Only open to bikes under 20lb for example??

ooooo
Weight weenie of the month, I like it - I bet Si's polishing the P20 and salivating as I type...
;) :LOL:

They'd all need to be rider's though I reckon - so one photo on the scales and one with a minimum of 4inches of airtime. Although not in that order so we know they survived the landing...! :cool:

elPedro666":1kvvw4vu said:
They'd all need to be rider's though I reckon -

Agree. Don't care what wight it is it must be a rider. Not a quick ride round the local park but a good hard work out

erm erm no
just over 18 pounds of fully functional mtb with 27 speed :p

but there is not much riding round here so slicks are great.

Attachments

• P1010478.JPG
    P1010478.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 774
  • P1010479.JPG
    P1010479.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 774
The Serotta is a nice bike for sure, but....eh...14lbs...no !!

I think some of the weights are correct. A handle bar of 90gms is not that difficult, but... A Columbus Max frame weighing 1309gms.. No, never. Spokes of 118gms...eh...yeah, for one wheel. Rims of 748.. that's quit havy on such a bike; go on, search for some NoTubes (280gms each)

Here is a photo of the bike of a friend of mine.. I know how much work he put into that. And with some changes it can weigh in at just under 6kg (13.2lbs).

Here is a link to his website with photo's taken while getting the job done:
http://bikeboosting.nl/index.php?id=169,0,0,1,0,0

Attachments

• Ernie's Seven Sola.jpg
    Ernie's Seven Sola.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 748
Back