1991 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

This is looking fantastic Chris, an epic build in the making.

The frame looks great, 2k paint is usuallly very durable so I wouldn't lose any sleep of it. Might have been wise to get Gil's decals underneath it though.

Wow, you're fast! You put all us other RM owners to shame when it comes to building a project! :LOL: And so much NOS stuff too! :shock:

RockiMtn":2v9ybu2y said:
Wow, you're fast! You put all us other RM owners to shame when it comes to building a project! :LOL: And so much NOS stuff too! :shock:

Cheers Frank , yeah things seem to be taking shape quicker than I expected ! :D

RockiMtn":3fj54tqb said:
Wow, you're fast! You put all us other RM owners to shame when it comes to building a project! :LOL:

I can buy a Rocky Mountain, and not do a thing with it for a year, with the best of them. :LOL:

utahdog2003":c5nck2rd said:
RockiMtn":c5nck2rd said:
Wow, you're fast! You put all us other RM owners to shame when it comes to building a project! :LOL:

I can buy a Rocky Mountain, and not do a thing with it for a year, with the best of them. :LOL:

you're not suppose to be PROUD of that! :twisted: :roll:

get on that avalanche will ya?

From an owner of 4 Rocky's in the process of rebuilding I can agree with Frank. You put us to shame with the effort going into this build Woody.

The paint looks nice. I wouldn't worry about the durability of it right now; it takes a solid month for the paint and all the hardeners to cure properly. Just don't put any wax or polish on it until then.

Ok now my sincere opinion. What a beauty this will be when it's done. It's F'n gorgeous and those shipments that arrived will be stellar on this gem. I said earlier, this is my favourite paint combo / style for these Blizzards. I'm glad you stuck with it!

So, in my defence for the slow progress of my builds, all the usual excuses and I can't help but waste so much time trolling the net for the white whale which prevents the work from getting done on the other "off-white whales" that I've already acquired.

On a side note and I only bring it up because I know you can ALL relate to my state of excitement; I'm on a work course about 6 hours from home and my wife sent me a text message yesterday during a lecture. "There is a big-a$$ box that just showed up at our door. It's from BC so I just put it with your collection." SWEEETTT!!!!!! And this is what slows the process of restorations ......... collecting. I can't wait to get home!!!!! (obviously to see my wife ;)

This build is making me feel like I need to re-focus and git-er-done.

Update no.3

I've managed to make some good progress with the Blizzard and its nearly complete now. Its turned out to be one of my favourite looking bikes now. I hope it rides aswell as it looks!

Todays progess pic's
eb.jpg
tools.jpg

An English breakfast to keep me going / A few tools to start the building
A few lasts bits to arrive in the post
b11.jpg

Deore XT brake blocks
t1.jpg

Yellow inner tubes

rm1-1.jpg

rm2-1.jpg

rm3-1.jpg

rm4-1.jpg

Headset fitted and decals applied

Fitted as much as I could today!
new1-1.jpg

new2-1.jpg

new3-1.jpg

new4-1.jpg

new5-1.jpg

new6-1.jpg

Just need to get the rear mech from Sinnett177 this weekend then fit that and the chain , tidy up a few cables and crimps and then its complete!! One thing i'm not happy with is the seatpost so that will be changed at some point.

Hope you like it guys. ;)

Forgot to add ,the original decals had the lettering with a blue shadow effect but I didn't like that so I got Gil to do the shadow effect in grey. I think it looks better like this.

Anyway you can make your own mind up. Will put some full pic's up next week when its finished. ;)

do I spot traces of rust on the cantilever bolts :shock: :LOL:

just joking - great progress you made withhin short time and very well build - like it :D

Back