The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marin Palisades Trail

I have a Marin Palisades Trail MTB. Not too sure of the exact year but certainly 16 years old (any ideas?) possibly 1993 - 1996! The bike is completely original with the exception of replacement tyres (it has standard pedals, but I have the original alloy 'click' ones still')
I know the brakes, crank, and gears are Shimano, all the standard fit parts (most of them in metallic Blue - afterburners, water bottle cage etc.) are Original Marin, the shocks are Manitou, and the wheels are Araya! (I am not sure what metal the frame is!)
Would be interested to see how much it is worth, or if anyone is interested in buying it... Shaun

Sunn Notion

Ive got a sunn notion, used but complete although needs work on brakes, front forks could do with a service/repair as now very hard to push down. Rides spot on otherwise. Last weekend i rode it around great missenden on the cycle it 17 mile fun ride, The bike made it although im still shattered!!. Just need to know anything about it, are they sort after/ worth anything????????????

Attachments

• sunn notion.jpg
    sunn notion.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 1,388
  • sunn notion.jpg
    sunn notion.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 1,388
Re: The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" th

John":ff8a9qsi said:
Due to what would seem to be popular demand we've decided to setup a thread dedicated to "How much is my old bike/parts/hat worth?"

If you have a vintage/retro item and would like to know the value my suggestion would be to look back through the classifieds here and browse back though ebay.

If you really have no idea then post in this thread here ONLY. "How much" threads elsewhere will be deleted or locked.

We'll let this run and see how it goes. If you get an answer you don't like don't come running to the mods ;)

If for some reason you feel the need to comment on the validity of how much threads please do so here.

Attachments

• sunn notion.jpg
    sunn notion.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 1,381
If forks need a service, which assume they do, without knowing the running gear on it i'd say the Sunn would be worth about £150-170

112_0421.jpg

112_0415.jpg

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=117111

I'm I asking too much for this bike ? £150 posted.

Nice and original but with a patina you can't buy :)

The downtube with it's missing paint really is the worst part of the bike.

Think you are asking too much mate :(

If I were you i'd review how much this is going to sell for and judge based on that really, the paintwork is cool to you, and I dont mind it but it is quite offputting I would imagine for most as it looks quite severe in places:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GT-Karakoram-moun ... 230a149f23

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Marin Palisades Trail

shaun.garratty":1sv454ti said:
I have a Marin Palisades Trail MTB. Not too sure of the exact year but certainly 16 years old (any ideas?) possibly 1993 - 1996! The bike is completely original with the exception of replacement tyres (it has standard pedals, but I have the original alloy 'click' ones still')
I know the brakes, crank, and gears are Shimano, all the standard fit parts (most of them in metallic Blue - afterburners, water bottle cage etc.) are Original Marin, the shocks are Manitou, and the wheels are Araya! (I am not sure what metal the frame is!)
Would be interested to see how much it is worth, or if anyone is interested in buying it... Shaun

depending on condition i think this would sell for between £100-150 on here
and £70-120 on ebay.

Clockwork Orange 15 inch all original

Hello folks.

Looking to find out a rough idea of what this is worth.

All original, a few minor scuffs that's all but no rust.

It even has the original tyres.

I've got pics but can't upload them at the moment.

Cheers

Eddy B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back