WTD, Cheap Car..

mikeekim89

Old School Grand Master
I'm looking for a car, Cheap too run, Reliable, and most importantly, not 3k fully comp insurance :? As you can imagine, at 17 it's a touch hard.. My budget isn't much higher than £400.. But i can P/X with a PS3. And maybe bikes :? It's kind of got too be before the snow comes, as i'm in yorkshire, and a scooter on snow trying too get too work is a bit of a bad idea. :oops: :LOL:

mikeekim89":3v5fav1d said:
not 3k fully comp insurance :? As you can imagine, at 17 it's a touch hard..

Here is a tip for you. Once you have a car, join an owners club and your insurance should be cheaper as most owners clubs have insurance schemes.

I know when I was 18, I brought an XR2. Normal insurance was around £1200, and when I joined the XR Owners Club and insured through their provider it went down to £800.

Same when I had a Vauxhall Astra Cabriolet, joined the Vauxhall Opel Drivers Club and saved about £300.

Worth looking at mate.

@Pickle
XR2 and an Astra cabriolet??? Didn't know you was an Essex girl.:LOL:

Afraid you are going to get shafted whatever you drive Mikee. Insurers don't like yoofs who just passed the test; I have heard of £3,000 quotes for 1.1 Saxos.
Try an old classic, Moggie Minor or a Beetle, join an owners club and see what deals you can get. Van might be cheaper and a handy tool for getting the bikes around/ camping/ shagging in etc.
When I was 17 you could get a grown-up to take on a motor traders policy and put you down as a named driver. You could drive anything you wanted then.

Dr S":2vjqiszc said:
@Pickle

Afraid you are going to get shafted whatever you drive Mikee. Insurers don't like yoofs who just passed the test; I have heard of £3,000 quotes for 1.1 Saxos.
Try an old classic, Moggie Minor or a Beetle, join an owners club and see what deals you can get. Van might be cheaper and a handy tool for getting the bikes around/ camping/ shagging in etc.
When I was 17 you could get a grown-up to take on a motor traders policy and put you down as a named driver. You could drive anything you wanted then.

:LOL: :LOL:

And, i've got quite a few floating around 2k fully comp, ranging from a 1.9 vectra too a 1.2 fiesta :roll: makes sense.. but the bikes part is a good reason for a van.. the shagging, not so much a big one for that :? and some people say i'm immature.. :LOL:

Two grand for insurance :shock:

One benefit of being older is cheaper insurance. I'm 37, 4 points for speeding but paying just over £100 a year fully comp for a 6.3 litre 375bhp Jensen Interceptor.

Not as much shagging when you get older though so make the most of it!

Dr S":cg3n6eqf said:
@Pickle

XR2, Astra Cabriolet, 205 GTI cabriolet.....you name it I've had it! :LOL: Right tart me ;)

I drive....ahem....a VW Passat TDI now :oops: But hey, I'm 30 and pay a little under £400 fully comp.

im 30 with 0 points and still pay around £1,000 per year on whatever i buy (2006 audi a4 at the minute).......i hate insurance.

id go for a 1.3 diesel van, or get on another policy as a second driver to gain experience..........though it may be worth selling a bike to get cover on your own.

Back