Bargain Ebay bike lights

Dr S":1w86m4md said:
Scarfacexxx08":1w86m4md said:
Plus other road users are going to love you with that on your bike!

I don't ride on the road. Roads are for cars :D

LGF, That's the Trout Mini you have quoted, the liberator is 2000 lumen with a 3 hour run time. P7s are good but unreliable and the spread of light is poor- that's why you need 2 or 3 up front. You don't want to get caught out with no lights where I ride on a night, it's bad enough with lights.

Over the last month we have had 2 airlifts- one suspected broken back and a broken leg, a broken finger and an impailment. Add to that my two broken ribs and a fractured wrist and then consider the loss of income whilst these things are fixed, 250 on a powerful and reliable light makes good sense.
You would not scrimp on bike or helmet when riding big stuff so why scrimp on lights??

Not riding at night would make more sense than wasting £250.

LGF":3ngjl5ch said:

Riding at night is all I can do. I'm working between 70-90 hours a week at the moment. I don't just want to bimble about on footpaths either. Climbing 1000ft and then hammering down a steep rock chute is my only way of relieving work pressure. I want to be able to see what I'm doing.

I have only riden in daylight on 3-4 occasions since April, so a good light is a good investment.

legrandefromage":1yeu2z1r said:

True, can't see how it's justified to spend £250 on bike lights, £50/60 maybe but 250 quid?

On the other hand, in another lifetime, I used to drive about with 4 Cibie Oscars on the front of my Mini, which are about 100 quid each now, weren't cheap then either.

legrandefromage":3fott7lj said:
Dr S":3fott7lj said:
Scarfacexxx08":3fott7lj said:
Plus other road users are going to love you with that on your bike!

I don't ride on the road. Roads are for cars :D

LGF, That's the Trout Mini you have quoted, the liberator is 2000 lumen with a 3 hour run time. P7s are good but unreliable and the spread of light is poor- that's why you need 2 or 3 up front. You don't want to get caught out with no lights where I ride on a night, it's bad enough with lights.

Over the last month we have had 2 airlifts- one suspected broken back and a broken leg, a broken finger and an impailment. Add to that my two broken ribs and a fractured wrist and then consider the loss of income whilst these things are fixed, 250 on a powerful and reliable light makes good sense.
You would not scrimp on bike or helmet when riding big stuff so why scrimp on lights??

:LOL:

I use mine to commute too , so they get used quite a lot .

I find it funny to be on a website where its OK to spend £200 on some white tyres which you can't ride but its classed as foolish to spend the same on a light that means you can get out and ride after work.

Some people spend the same on a weekend piss up. Now thats wasting money.

I wouldn't say it's foolish to buy lights costing that much but I can't justify it for myself.
Agree about white tyres or any other bike parts that are there to be looked at rather than used, why the feck do we have bikes in the first place, to ride them of course. So if that involves riding at night, it's up to the individual to spend what he/she thinks is justified. Me, although I like riding at night I don't like it enough to spend £250. :)

Im with you all the way Dr S, with the nights drawing in it becomes so frustrating that there is no daylight riding time.
With a baby at home I dont get much chance to ride until 8pm onwards...so £250 is a decent investment if it means hassle free night riding.
For some people, riding a bike is a release, and a genuine life long love...those who would rather sit at home and look at their bikes obviously dont get the same thrill.

Whats with the arrogance?

Ok i'll bite. Thankfully those people spending £200 on white tyres are few and far between. The rest of us live in the real world where budgets are not quite so generous. For £250 I could build a set of 'decent' lights and have enough change to buy a retrobike to ride with. My life depends on £8 worth of Bosch H7 bulbs every night - they work well enough.

Back