Cyclists enjoy car ban in London

I thought about going. But the organizers couldn't do a piss up in a pub. I didn't get a register pack. Plus looking at some of the people going. I'd rather not be seen with.

it's incredibly sad how cycle, pedestrian and vehicle transport routes cannot be integrated to work together,

Integrating the routes isn't a problem. It's the people using them that don't want to work together! :)

Didn't do the bikey round London bit...Where's the fun of doing it with the fear of car doors or being run over...Also I didn't register in time! :roll:

Anyway, the trails bikes were ducking impressive...far more that the stands they had there, which all looked a little shabby...I would have hoped there would have been a few stalls selling stuff, but nope :-(

Bmx's were a crowd pleaser, and there were lots of tasy bikes to look at :)

Not much Retro, but I did see someone on a chopper!

These are from my phone:

Attachments

• n699116754_316631_5227.jpg
    n699116754_316631_5227.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 688
  • n699116754_316633_5765.jpg
    n699116754_316633_5765.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 688
living in Brighton which claims to be a model of how cycling should be in a city in Britain, according to a BBC news report last week, I am shocked this country thinks it is achieving anything to aid cyclists or promote cycling as a safe and pleasurable form of transport,

I don't think painting a few red areas on the road and putting up a few signs to tell people this pavement is for cyclists and pedestrians is either good design or integrating the 3 forms of transport,

treating cyclists as a motor vehicle in one instance and then as a pedestrian in the next is simply terrible and just shows the poor management and decision making in governments and councils,

get some kids to come up with a solution, as per Fifth Gear on Channel 5 last week, where they redesigned a accident black spot on the M40,

Edit:
Russell - agree with you on that, but if the networks were better integrated then possibly the different transport users would be more happy and work together with less agro

Back