the killer v cometh!

What a pain in the arse! There's so much chrome on the forks bosses that I can't get the final HOLA on! any one have any tricks for removing chrome or am I just going to sit here with a file for a while!

Also although the HOLA's are mint there's a bit of surface rust inside the bolts so I'm going to swap them out for Ti one's. I'm going to get an engineering buddy of mine to get them for me and I was thinking while I'm getting myself a set I could get you guys some and probably save us all a bit of cash on the bulk buy. The bolts are exactly the same as on HO's.

Staf.

Thanks bud, this is where your tyres may be going. Can't decide whether to stick with the cream tyres and saddle or go for grey.

I'm getting an old flite covered in grey leather so I can fit it with your tyres and see what looks better.

RAFbikes":1s1vpe49 said:
Thanks bud, and I'd love to see what you've done with yours, the Killer V is my favourite retro frame with the Pace RC200 a close second.

yeah definitely my favourite hardtail frame of all time :D

pretty sure you'll like this (if BMX's do owt for ya?) ;)

kinda got some similar tubing geometry ideas going on :cool:

302050009.jpg

That does look really cool, I've never been into BMX's though As I'm quite a big fella and found them awkward to ride. . . Where's your killer V?

its in storage atm. i only have a few crappily lit phone pics of it that i'd normally be too embarassed to post but i reckon you wanna see it so ....

MTB016.jpg

MTB018.jpg

MTB020.jpg

MTB021.jpg

MTB015.jpg

That's quality mate! similar spec to mine so I'm bound to like it. The polished finish has always been my favourite retro look with the exception of possibly a liner fade.

i thought you'd like it. obviously i need to do some better pics which i willtake care of over the winter while i sort out a couple of bits for it ;)
i think the XTR stuff is the newest stuff on it & thats from 97 i think?
i remember buying the bike in 95 then taking half of it off & replacing it :roll:
the only origial parts on it are the std Dia compe A-headset & the seatclamp. funnily enough 2 of the parts i'm planning on changing :LOL:

i had some of the Onza HO's, they were pretty good. sold them to a friend who was a full time mechanic & he used to book his bike into the shop to get his brakes adjusted! what a knobber! you can't get easier than HO's lol

i think i have some unused Onza clipless HO pedals somewhere??
i need to have a look for them ...

Back