Isnt that a good idea

computerbitz

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just seen a link showing Leicester's secure bike park (http://www.gwll.org.uk/index.asp?page=141), Oh the times i have gone to work and wanted a shower when i got there and had to go the bog to have a wash in cold water, a place like this for me in liverpool would have been great they should open up more in city centres across the country.
Safe, secure for your bike and indoors away from the elements, i think all employers should provide a shower so when you do cycle to work and its a rip roaring hot day (not this year) then you can get washed properly and not in the bog in cold water :x [/url]

That's a great idea, but it has to be sponsored by the council or it just can't make money. 120 bikes at £1 a day?

We have a shower at work but it's nowhere near where you park your bike or where I actually work... :evil: I just take it easy to work so I don't sweat too much (!) and then thrash it home.

Showers and a secure place for the bike at my work. Not particularly conveniently located, but at least they're there...

In the town were I lived untill shortly about 7 bike garages were located in and near the innercity. They were runned by people on the social underside in trade for a decent income ...and of course staying involved in the sociaty.

What all garages share is that they are cold, with a lot concrete inside. Nothing luxurious on them. if you want to compete with other methods of transport it should be a place were you feel perfect convenient. Cars already have the benefit they are more socially visible, what gives them a unique status. Maybe high profile garages could lift the bike to other, higher levels. Moreover often garages are a bit cramped. Racks can't deal with beefy suspension forks and bikes hit eachother. Lifting the bike up a meter or more form the ground is also not what you want ...and for many also impossible. Many people overhere buying 1500+ commuting/touring bikes. They are not all young people like me, but many are 40 or 50+ have a decent income and are used doing a lot with the car. The luxorious bikes should be given an appropriate housing. Housing should not only be improved, but should also be more. Otherwise you can only ride circles with your 1500+ rig, instead of from A to B.

Currently I am lucky at my work. I live 10km from it and I can park the Serotta in the massive warehouse.

Back