Bargain Ebay bike lights

Scarfacexxx08":3skg0aii said:
Plus other road users are going to love you with that on your bike!

I don't ride on the road. Roads are for cars :D

LGF, That's the Trout Mini you have quoted, the liberator is 2000 lumen with a 3 hour run time. P7s are good but unreliable and the spread of light is poor- that's why you need 2 or 3 up front. You don't want to get caught out with no lights where I ride on a night, it's bad enough with lights.

Over the last month we have had 2 airlifts- one suspected broken back and a broken leg, a broken finger and an impailment. Add to that my two broken ribs and a fractured wrist and then consider the loss of income whilst these things are fixed, 250 on a powerful and reliable light makes good sense.
You would not scrimp on bike or helmet when riding big stuff so why scrimp on lights??

Dr S":2eal7sbk said:
Scarfacexxx08":2eal7sbk said:
Plus other road users are going to love you with that on your bike!

I don't ride on the road. Roads are for cars :D

LGF, That's the Trout Mini you have quoted, the liberator is 2000 lumen with a 3 hour run time. P7s are good but unreliable and the spread of light is poor- that's why you need 2 or 3 up front. You don't want to get caught out with no lights where I ride on a night, it's bad enough with lights.

Over the last month we have had 2 airlifts- one suspected broken back and a broken leg, a broken finger and an impailment. Add to that my two broken ribs and a fractured wrist and then consider the loss of income whilst these things are fixed, 250 on a powerful and reliable light makes good sense.
You would not scrimp on bike or helmet when riding big stuff so why scrimp on lights??

Chaps

Are we not getting a bit over-excited here.
I too bought a set of these cheapo lights. Brilliant for the money. The rear is fine and is on the zaskar. The front is great vfm as well.

Would i use the front off road. no.even with nimh 1000mA batteries. It's great for commuting, great for being seen, and ok for on road in the country.

off road.no.

Yep, i've got 2 hope 1's and a couple of £25 p7 led torches. one on the helmet, the other on the bars. this provides plenty of light off road, and lasts 3hrs ago.And so it should given the cost.

but if i'm out for a quick ride in the evening, the cheapo ebay special is morethan adequate.

as above , you cant compare the two .

Trout has a very good reputation and he is very available too .

I am very happy with my deal extreme magic shine and will carry on with them this year , might order a second set to mount on helmet .

unless you are steve peat training at night i dont see the point in having too much light .

the great roberto":2g9fdvu5 said:
Would i use the front off road. no.even with nimh 1000mA batteries. It's great for commuting, great for being seen, and ok for on road in the country.

off road.no.

I am waiting on some 1800 mAh from Hong Kong,
£5.13 delivered for 16 AAA's.

I'm hoping to use them in the three lights I bought.
Using them off road in Snowdonia I might add, and it ain't because of wishful thinking but because I'm skint. If it means I have to go slower on the descent then so be it as long as I can ride through the Winter.

So big up for LGF for making me aware of these lights at such an affordable price.

No one is dissing those who have bought much more expensive or better lighting systems. It's a personal choice and you get what you can afford but it does strike me as odd that posters are coming on to this thread and commenting on their lighting systems that are costing hundreds of pounds on a thread that is making people aware of a cost effective alternative for those who want to ride at night but can't afford the professional custom systems.

Got mine earlier this week, not had a chance to fit them yet but they look and feel very well made and are bright enough for the money.

I would use them off road but I'm used to much worse things from my youth. I reckon the two on the bars and another pair on the lid would be plenty enough for me and still be very cheap.

I would like to know weather one of those P7 torches would put out more light than 2 or 3 of these cheapies? This is not meant as a smart comment or a firestarter, I'm genuinely curious.

4 x 1W could be more versatile than 1 x 4W . . . . . not that I know the output of these or of a P7 . . it's just an example

Going lamping with the dogs tonight.. first chance I'll get to properly compare 1 of these with my Peli - expecting it'll stand up well, all thing considered . . . :cool:

Scarfacexxx08":319mlbvx said:
The p7 torches will still be brighter, but you tend to find they're a more focused beam and not flood

my mte p7 led torch is very flooded.excellant for commuting and off -raod. to be fair, i would not spend the money on hope 1's today.

I have 2 p7's and a very focused cree 600 lumen thingy. in fact toooooo focused for riding.I strugle to find anything far enough away to point it at.

the p7 torches for about £25 are excellant. But then so are these cheapos as well.

I have an Exposure Maxx Daddy which i won in an online competition on my bars and use the p7 torch as a helmet light For when i'm off-road On another bike i have 2 of these ebay lights on the bar which i use for commuting. I would also use them as a helmet light, but not as my main light to go off-road with

Latest posts

Back