The Zaskar 'Panda'... Update for 2013

Just picked up some nice XT m750 brakes to match the rest of the groupset. can't decide whether to chase after some same group cranks too. :roll:

Anyone advise on the best fitting chainslap protector for a 97 Zaskar? I keep buying them and they don't fit... :evil:

Try this.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-MTB-Bike-GT-Cha ... 2eaf900555

I have purchased from this seller before, and he is A1 to deal with.

ed_1.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
trickylad":3mi8pecl said:
Thanks Pickle

Recommend this over getting a neoprene / wrap cover?

No worries ;)

I do recommend it above wraps, as I dont like them at all especially when they get muddy and look all used and cheap.

These are nice and original. Yes, the paint may get a little scuffed/chipped if you suffer chainsuck, but its all character!

Another option if your interested is carbon look adhesive sheeting. I have a full roll of it, and if you want a bit I can send it to you for a few quid. You could wrap the whole chainstay in it. i used to use it for this and then make a few little patches to stop cable rub.

lovely build. good balance of black and white. hopefully will be able to pull of something similar with one of my projects. good stuff! :cool:

RockiMtn":1jc04iu1 said:
lovely build. good balance of black and white. hopefully will be able to pull of something similar with one of my projects. good stuff! :cool:

Thanks :cool:. Appreciate the feedback. I'd seen too many (and too lovely) ball burnished Zaskars, so I wanted something different. ;)

Pickle":39sqjayw said:
trickylad":39sqjayw said:
Thanks Pickle

Recommend this over getting a neoprene / wrap cover?

No worries ;)

I do recommend it above wraps, as I dont like them at all especially when they get muddy and look all used and cheap.

These are nice and original. Yes, the paint may get a little scuffed/chipped if you suffer chainsuck, but its all character!

Another option if your interested is carbon look adhesive sheeting. I have a full roll of it, and if you want a bit I can send it to you for a few quid. You could wrap the whole chainstay in it. i used to use it for this and then make a few little patches to stop cable rub.

Bought a couple. One for this, the other for my other GT. Will let you know when they arrive. :cool:

i'd like to swap the STX shifter pods (8 spd) for XT 750. anyone know if they made shifters not STI units in this group??

:?:

gmac123":27wkf3nf said:
just noticed the chainstay protector, any ideas on how to get an existing worn out one off?

A deft touch, long fingernails and some nail polish remover always works for me

Back